lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #11
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 EZ GO 2 stroke

Nope, definitely not an 88 at all per the exhaust layout (88 was a "one-off" year so they can be spotted a mile away, especially by someone who owns one :) - which is REALLY strange as in 89 they went to a transverse-mount and the 3PG motor ... Is the exhaust modified, perhaps? If we could get a couple of better shots of the exhaust we could help a lot more, if it IS in fact an 88 with exhaust mods that changes the belt sizing entirely (88's had a one-year-only shorter belt) - hate to keep making you snap pics but nailing down what we're helping you with is going to be the first step in getting you the correct help !!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #12
secstang03
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. No telling whether the guy I bought it from knew it was not a 94 or not. Really doesn't matter to me as long as I can be sure of what it is for finding tech info and parts.

Do any of you have pics of the 2pg and 3pg motors? Really trying to see what factors are being used to determine year and engine type. I looked on the bottom of my engine for a stamp per a post on here and came up empty handed.
secstang03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:15 AM   #13
secstang03
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Nope, definitely not an 88 at all per the exhaust layout (88 was a "one-off" year so they can be spotted a mile away, especially by someone who owns one :) - which is REALLY strange as in 89 they went to a transverse-mount and the 3PG motor ... Is the exhaust modified, perhaps? If we could get a couple of better shots of the exhaust we could help a lot more, if it IS in fact an 88 with exhaust mods that changes the belt sizing entirely (88's had a one-year-only shorter belt) - hate to keep making you snap pics but nailing down what we're helping you with is going to be the first step in getting you the correct help !!!

Give me a minute. I will take as many pics as needed to help you all pass on info. Yes the exhaust is modded. It looks like he welded a cheap motorcycle exhaust on it.

I'll have pics up in just a minute.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

OK - I took a better look at the pics and the brackets for an 88 exhaust ARE there, so for now I'm going to assume it's an 88 with a modified exhaust (which given the intake mod is likely a fair assumption) - still though, more pics would definitely help confirm this.

As to the prime, first, get rid of that priming bulb that someone put inline, it's definitely not needed and it's a good spot to actually HURT your fuel delivery. A common suspect in these fuel systems is the pickup tube in the tank, it's pressfit into the elbow up top and over time can dry out and not seal well, so that if the cart sits the system will lose its prime (these pumps are NOT self-priming) - if you do lose prime, popping the fuel line off the carb, wrapping a rag around the filler neck on the tank and giving it a good blow will generally get the fuel up where it belongs (the same could be accomplished with the bulb, I guess, but either way you'd have to drop the fuel line at the carb to allow the fuel to completely prime the pump so again, I'd drop the bulb as it's just one more fly in the ointment) - there are other suspects in the fuel delivery world, but let's start with the easy common stuff and work from there.

AND .. The correct oil ratio for the 2pg is 128:1, or ONE ounce of 2-stroke oil per gallon of gas, running 1.5oz/gal is way overkill and will gunk you up over time
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:33 AM   #15
secstang03
Not Yet Wild

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-21-2011, 08:37 AM   #16
secstang03
Not Yet Wild

Are you able to see what you need from those pics?

So appearing to be an 88 model, changing the belt is out of the question or is there still something that I can do?

Notice the fuel line also. I bought new 1/4" that I will run today as I assumed the line currently running from 1/4" down to 1/8" back to 1/4" wasn't helping much. The filter also seems to have some gunk in it which I will replace today.

It was supposed to have a new or rebuilt carb and pump. Out of all the parts on it, these two do seem to be the cleanest.

I will also check the fuel lines inside the tank per your input.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #17
secstang03
Not Yet Wild

Also.... I thought I read somewhere what size bolt to plug the hole on the intake with when deleting the oil injection but can not seem to find the post again. Anyone know what size I need?
Old 08-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #18
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

sec, this is a 3pg. engine upright-muffler laying down. 2pg was engine laying down and the muffler standing up. (on most). also note the belt runs back to frt, not side to side as in a 2pg.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00871.jpg (219.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00878.jpg (197.1 KB, 16 views)
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #19
rib33024

Did you look here to find your ID tag, to tell you what year this cart is

http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #20
secstang03
Not Yet Wild

^^ Nice, Much cleaner than mine!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO