lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
rb8484
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Engine blues...update on my engine knock

Well, I took the cart in to find out what my loud knock was. The engine is toast. The crank is missing teeth, lots of rust inside, they said it looked like it had been submerged in water. The cylinder had large scrapes and gouges in it.
Bad part was, they guy I bought it from said he had rebuilt it last summer. I talked to the guy and he said he only did the top half. My first cart and I get burned! Thats the way the dice roll I guess.
On a good note, the dealer is doing the work and is putting a new engine in it, so I will have a like new cart. I dropped it off last night to them, they called me already this morning to tell me what they found, and said that it will be ready to be picked up this afternoon! Not sure if I am allowed to mention their name on here or not, but they are in Plainwell Michigan.

Thanks to all that had offered their help, just thought I would post an update
rb8484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Unhappy Re: Engine blues...update on my engine knock

Well at least you will be able to use it this year. To bad the guy wouldnt refund a little bit of your money. But im sure it didnt come with a 100,000 mile warranty, but at least over the summer would have been nice.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Engine blues...update on my engine knock

Wow, amazing all you have to do is change the oil if you get in water. Sounds like the guy is a quality liar, or he got it that way and duct taped it up and dumped it. Well at least you will know what you have now, I've had great luck with those guys they been there a long time. I used to deal with them in the late 80s and still get parts from there at times. Some aftermarket parts are not so good, and not much cheaper....some are but I'd rather get the real deal if I can.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
rb8484
Getting Wild

Club Car

Picked up the cart this afternoon, thing runs like a champ!! They did say I need to replace my throttle cables, they are adjusted to the max, so that will be my next thing to do to the cart. I was going to have them do it, but I kind of blew my budet already. Been raining all day, so I was only able to drive it on the trailer and off the trailer when I got home. Hope the weather dries out tomorrow so I can take it for a spin!!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Nice, let us know how it runs out. Not sure on cables, we always break them and then replace lol.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #6
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

there is NO way he could have just done the top end!! you have to pull the motor completly apart and the piston is about the last part to come out.you can't just pull the head and cylinder off like a motorcyle, so IF he put just rings in it, then he KNEW it was toast inside, I'dd take the bad motor and run it up his arse!!
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #7
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Glad to hear you got the cart fixed Rob. Im still planning on coming to your camp ground this summer. It pisses me of the way you got treated. If I see any more ads by this guy on CL, I will immediatly be posting a warning to everyone, or better yet ill just keep flagging it!
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
rb8484
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlcain View Post
Glad to hear you got the cart fixed Rob. Im still planning on coming to your camp ground this summer. It pisses me of the way you got treated. If I see any more ads by this guy on CL, I will immediatly be posting a warning to everyone, or better yet ill just keep flagging it!
Thanks! I know he will have another cart ready to sell here very soon. I talked to him earlier this week, that is when he told me he did a top end rebuild, not the whole engine.
I think he knew what he had on his hands, and knew I didnt know nothing about carts.

Gotta take the good with the bad I guess, I just got the bad in the beginning! I know of a few friends looking for a cart, and I could have referred them to him, but thats NOT HAPPENING!!!

If the core was not so expensive, I would have taken the engine back to him and did what toadady said to do!!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
rb8484
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlcain View Post
Looks like he is posting more carts for sale! Just a word of caution to anyone looking to buy a cart from him!! Id like to take my old block and throw it through his window!!

http://lansing.craigslist.org/rvs/2912334526.html
http://lansing.craigslist.org/rvs/2902345440.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha