lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
javath
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Angry St 2+2 drive clutch

I have a 2008 st 2+2 and I guess the aftermarket world is a little slow to make mods for the newer kawasaki engine set up. I would like to get a higher rpm engagement but cant even find anyone that has had one of these clutches apart yet. Even the local dealer says they simply remove and send to ezgo for repair or replacement. Anybody out there that was bold enough to tear into a brand new machine yet? I am looking for better hill climbing one would think the 13 hp kaw would spin tires the whole way up any hill but it sits at the bottom and smokes the belt. Very frustrating
javath is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
botiklr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: St 2+2 drive clutch

I would love to know also, I just bought a 2010 st and want to mod it out. I have increased the top speed to 25 mph on the gps and it still has a govenor on it !
botiklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
javath
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Be carefull you are not mistaking floating the valves as a govener there is no rev limiter on the kaw engine got mine at 23mph gps on 20" trailwolfs dont want to push it much more till i find out a little more about these engines
Old 03-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
botiklr
Not Yet Wild

it goes to 25 then backs down to 23 to 24 on the gps. I am pretty sure it is a governor?
botiklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
javath
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Going to have a look at the valve clearance. Maybe getting robbed of a little low end hp so its not able to rev up and give the belt a good squeeze. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you
Old 03-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There is an OEM TEAM clutch kit available - Increase in TORQUE without robbing speed. Kit is $675.00, includes drive clutch, driven clutch and new belt.

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #7
javath
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am interested do you know anybody that has tried it and wher can I get info on it. I have been striking out everywhere I look. Been trying to keep up with utvs with low range. Also any info on a diff lock or limited slip diff
Old 03-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #8
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OEM - means you should visit your local Factory EZGO dealership. If none are available, I'll be happy to help. It's NEW and I would guess that 95% of the dealerships don't look into performance mods like we do. I saw your post and just wanted to let you know that there is a Factory answer to your question...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #9
javath
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks mike have been talking to ezgo about limited slip diff kits unfortunately the only way they can help me is to buy a new rear end $1600.00 ouch. Was hoping for a heavier drive clutch spring " not available " they never suggested the clutch kit you are referring to and I didnt see it on ezgo parts site. I will call again. They are very busy this time of year and it is difficult to get through to tec support. Thank you
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO