lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
jason.cyr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool 86 ezgo changing crank seals?

Hey I am getting ready to change the crank seals in my 86 txt. The only problem is I don't know how haha can anyone help? Is it hard?
jason.cyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 86 ezgo changing crank seals?

I'm not much help with the txt crank seals but if they are anything like the ones on a Yamaha G1 2-stroke they are pretty simple. The last time I did mine I also installed a new cylinder and piston. From the time I took the engine out of the cart until it was back in and running was only about 3 hours. I'm not an engine guy but I found it to be pretty easy, dive in, if you get stuck post a couple of pictures of what you need and someone will likley chime in to help you.
hilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 86 ezgo changing crank seals?

It's not hard just involved. You are going to need to take the engine out and remove the clutch. At the other end remove the fan cover and the flywheel then the pulsar assembly. With all that out of the way you can then winkle the seals out with a large screwdriver. You don't care if they get damaged as you are replacing them but do not scratch up the mating faces on the crankcase. Lube up the rubber with a little 2 stroke oil and put a small amount of Loctite Blue on the mating faces. Use a rubber mallet to gently tap the seals in flush with the crankcase, do not bang them right in or they will interfere with the crankshaft bearings.

If you need more detailed instructions on removing the clutch or the flywheel, shout out.

Dave

Last edited by Dave Box; 03-28-2012 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: .
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO