lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
piron3
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Angry New st/gen and 15 ground fuses later...nothing

Hello, im going nuts and would appreciate any help. I just rebuilt a 81 or so g1. Ran after rebuild but st/gen f2 post was bad so I purchased new....now I have power to a1 a2 f1 f2 ....blowin fuses and tested solenoids by jumping..they click n cart turns.. there is 12 volts also at front and back! The wiring harness was messed up so I repaired it ... Imlost n have been reading posts of great info here n everywhere for days.but im stilllost!!!!thanks will give more details if ne1 responds
piron3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New st/gen and 15 ground fuses later...nothing

This may help you!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
piron3
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question Re: New st/gen and 15 ground fuses later...nothing

Thanks, I have one, and still dont know where im or the cart is screwing up!!!! "one weird thing is when pressing pedal with no grounds attachedi have voltahe at the small yellw or blue wires when I put on ground the voltage disappears
!!!!arr
Old 05-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I would go back and carefully check everything you did against the electrical schematic, verifying each repair. The other area i would check is the starter generator as you replaced the f2 post, making sure each post is insulated from the generator case. You don't mention when you are blowing fuses or which one. Does it happen as soon as the battery is connected, or when you try to start it, when the key switch is turned etc.?
It seems like you have a positive wire shorted to ground somewhere.
Sorry, noticed in the thread title you are blowing ground side fuse.

Last edited by caddylac camper; 05-04-2012 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: added last sentance.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
piron3
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I think somethings shorted too but cant figure out where! Im probly laidoff all this week so ill be back pulling my hair out! I found when testing for con...the muffler was touching the outer frame so I seperated it to break it from ground but the engine still beeps when touching of the neg. Post?!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I think the way i would approach the problem now without taking everything apart for an inspection is to take all the wires off the starter generator posts. Make sure there is a good fuse in the ground fuse holder and one by one put the wires onto the starter generator. Start with the positive cable to F2, check the fuse, if ok connect the wire to F1 that goes to the NC contact of the forward & reverse solenoid (side without jumper bar), check the fuse. If ok connect the wire to A1 that goes to the NO contact of the forward solenoid (side with jumper bar), check the fuse. If ok connect the wire to A2 that comes from the NO contact of the reverse solenoid (side with jumper bar). If ok connect the red charging circuit wire, check the fuse and if ok connect the green charge circuit wire and verify that the fuse is still good. If the fuse burns at any step then you know that the last wire you connected is grounded somewhere. If it does not burn through any of the steps then the starter generator should be ok.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #7
piron3
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks ,im going to try it today and ill get back with the results!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #8
piron3
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well to no avail! No fuses blowing now but no solenoids clicking. I think im gonna take the harness out and checj it again hey if on a vom with nothing hooked to the st/gen I hold blk on neg. Post of batt and touch frame I have no beep or continuity but when I touch engine I do is that right? Thanks again for any help!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check your engine to frame ground! If you can't find it, you can just put one on. Use an 8 gauge wire and ground the engine block to the frame. Also run a ground to the body.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
piron3
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

But in alot of threadz people say the g1 is not frame grounded even though in the schematic it looks as though
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha