lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Engine Bay: What am I missing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehinvt View Post
awesome pics! you may have answered my question thanks! also..i dont see a solenoid cover on yours...but is it really needed?
Hmmm interesting you bring that up. I hadn't noticed any covers on any G8's/G9's in that salvage yard, so I just assumed nothing was supposed to be there. Not sure if how necessary it is. I mean, I guess if it gets doused in water that wouldn't be too good.
AGrayson84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #12
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Can anyone tell me exactly what fuses I need to have, and where they need to go/what they go to?? Does anyone have pictures of this??? I think this final part of the wiring is all that I need in order to try to get this thing to fire up. Thanks!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #13
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGrayson84 View Post
Can anyone tell me exactly what fuses I need to have, and where they need to go/what they go to?? Does anyone have pictures of this??? I think this final part of the wiring is all that I need in order to try to get this thing to fire up. Thanks!
The 2 fuse holders (1-positive/1-negative) would be round rubber that pull apart (they'd be 10 amp glass fuses), and would be located to the right side of the battery on the plastic inner rear fender, along with the voltage regulator and back up buzzer.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the info!! The local salvage yard doesn't have any fuse holders left in the carts they have, so I suppose I could solder in some modern in-line fuse holders like this, right?:

If so, any idea on what amp fuse for each side? And exactly which + wire gets the fuse?? I unfortunately am a couple hours away from the cart right now, so the answer may be obvious if I look but I'm really not sure off-hand. Thanks!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #15
emmafabre
Not Yet Wild

I have started as well a project to rebuilt a G2.
But I have most of the part.
If you need picture let me know.
we can follow our re furbish project together LoL.

I am struggling with the harness for the time being. e real night mare as it seems the previous owner made some funny shortcut in the system LOL

Any picture of the wiring of the Ignitor is welcome. I have it but impossible to know which cable go where on the ignitor small plug (rectangle connector with 2 rows of plug)
emmafabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #16
mlj427
Gone Wild

Hope you have this going now. Where is the salvage yard that you find parts located?
Thanks
Mike
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #17
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hey guys, been busy with the G16 limo, still doing some finishing touches. The G2 has been put on the back-burner. I got it running on starting fluid to test if it was going to run, since I didn't have a carburetor for it. I just need to order a carburetor for it and it should be good to go in factory condition.

I ended up wiring in a G9 ignitor but I will take pictures next time I go to the house in Va where I keep it at. This came in handy, big-time:

http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/dow...%20Diagram.pdf

I used that as well as the G9 wiring diagram to figure out how to wire the G9 ignitor into the G2 cart.

The salvage yard I go to is at the dealership in Brandywine. It's just before the 301/5 split as you're heading North on 301 out of Waldorf, and it's on the right-hand side of the highway. Stop in their office and let them know you're wanting to look around to buy some salvage part if you can find what you need, and they'll let you back there. "A.W." and Danny are pretty easy to deal with, but I recommend trying to chat with A.W. about prices-- though if Danny is around, he'll send you to Danny lol.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha