lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default One thing and another and another

Ok, so after my mishap with getting a way too short drive belt, I went for the Dayco HP 3004.It slipped on with MUCH less effort and doesn't try to yank you to a dead stop at speed anymore.Now however when I am at speed, I'm getting an unholy rattling throughout the cart.I grabbed my driven clutch and it rattles around.I suspect the bushing on this, am I right?

Also, the driven clutch will slide forward and backward about a quarter inch.Is this normal?
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: One thing and another and another

Anyone?This should be a layup for you guys.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
racin161
Gone Wild

That movement don't sound right have you looked at the spring? Could be collapsed or broken. I took mine completely apart cleaned and lubed with a bit of antiseze and yes the bushing can be worn enough to cause it to rattle.Motor mounts good?

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

The spring looks ok, but honestly I haven't looked at it closely.I just saw that it was there.I'll have a proper look at it when this **** BS rain can stop for awhile.One motor mount is brand new.The rest are a little weather checked but otherwise fine.Is it pretty obvious how it comes off?

If my shaft and clutch aren't all hogged out I could take measurements and make one on my engine lathe.Are they bronze?
Old 07-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #5
racin161
Gone Wild

Bronze/oil light bronze would be the ticket if you can find some.

LOU
Old 07-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #6
racin161
Gone Wild

RAIN !!!!! wish we could get some here in the mid west. Everything here is brown and 90+ going on 28 straight days

LOU
Old 07-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Found some oil impregnated bronze stock on e-bay.Man is that stuff expensive.I don't think they'll just lop off an inch or two, but it won't hurt to ask.Hope you get some rain soon.Must be miserable there.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #8
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

heli, where are you to see this stuff they call rain? it's as rare here as that stuff they call snow.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #9
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

I'm in northeast PA.Had a good soaking yesterday.Just a fine drizzle that lasted all day and into the night.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Ok so a few weeks ago when I got into the shorter drive belt debacle, I noticed an odd bolt where I turn my cart around.Turns out that was the retaining bolt for my driven clutch.After disconnecting my rear axle and finding that my driven clutch just could slide right the heck off, I put 2 and 2 together.I put the bolt in, got everything hooked back up and the driven clutch feels nice now.No wobbling, no sliding.Going up hills better as well.I still get that crazy high pitch vibration when I get to speed though.

Next issue, it's getting insanely hard starting.It cranks over nicely but all you get for like three minutes is an occasional pop.Then it decides to take off after awhile.I'm going to test my fuel pump and make sure I'm getting a good two foot high shot of gas coming out of it, and change that sparkplug.It's been in there for years.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO