lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default replaced F/R switch, solenoid ticking.

Ok, first keep in mind that my cart has been wired to run with the key, not the throttle.None of the microswitches on the F/R switch are hooked to anything as of tonight(wondering if this is my problem)It's an 88 Marathon, 2PG robin.

I've been having issues with reverse, in that it doesn't work.So tonight I got hold of a switch from a 36 volt ez-go three wheeler.Same basic thing, rotary contacts, four wires.I hooked it up and my solenoid just ticks.While it's ticking I can see the starter jumping as well so I know somehow it's getting power.

I jumped the solenoid out and then the motor will crank both ways respective to the position of the switch, so I know I'm getting close.

Did I screw something, or has my solenoid JUST crapped out?I was running the cart today and it was working fine going forward, I just decided I had enough of pushing to reverse it.

Besides the few articles I've mentioned, the rest of it is wired the same as the schematic.I can of course check into it harder or anything else you guys might suggest.

I know one of you guys can help though.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: replaced F/R switch, solenoid ticking.

Also, keep in mind I'm not above throwing in a heavy switch to replace the solenoid if someone thinks that will work.I mean the solenoid is just a switch isn't it?
Old 08-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: replaced F/R switch, solenoid ticking.*SOLVED*

It was the small black wire that goes from the "C" post of the F/R switch to the "C" post of the solenoid.I hooked it up and it cranks fine.Most important though I FINALLY HAVE REVERSE!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO