lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #11
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Inconsistant power and hot F&R switch

OK,

I am going to claim a success at this time!!

What's done: New F&R cables installed, batteries run and then charged up every night. Hydrometer shows all cells well into the good range, volt meter showed 51 volts at full charge.

How it went: Used cart for the whole labor day weekend without charging. Ran it for about 30 minutes, twice a day. Ending volt reading was 48.5 volts.

Still to be done: Install digital volt meter and keep doing the short run and then charge thing. Next test is this weekend to see how it does at the hunt lease.

The batteries all have some minor swelling, so I know some damage has taken place. However, at this point I feel that I should at least make it though this season without having to buy new batteries.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpbuck View Post
OK,

I am going to claim a success at this time!!

What's done: New F&R cables installed, batteries run and then charged up every night. Hydrometer shows all cells well into the good range, volt meter showed 51 volts at full charge.

How it went: Used cart for the whole labor day weekend without charging. Ran it for about 30 minutes, twice a day. Ending volt reading was 48.5 volts.

Still to be done: Install digital volt meter and keep doing the short run and then charge thing. Next test is this weekend to see how it does at the hunt lease.

The batteries all have some minor swelling, so I know some damage has taken place. However, at this point I feel that I should at least make it though this season without having to buy new batteries.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?
Swelling of batteries if normal as they age. 48.5v is the lowest you want to go which is 50% state of charge before needing to plug the charger in.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #13
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

That's good news on the swelling thing. Thanks!

Now I'm waiting on some camo wrap and fenders.....
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car