lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
iowaboy1
Not Yet Wild

Default Carouche

I just bought a Club Car Carouche electric. I've been reading a few posts that are saying, "you can tell the year by the serial number." or words to that effect. I've looked high and low and I can't seem to find a plate with a serial number on it. I hope this is not too technical of a question and it gets thrown out....I'm a first time poster so please, be gentle with me....I have a technical question to ask but based on what I'm reading from the webmaster, I dare not post that....
iowaboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Carouche

iowaboy1,

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here.

There is a 'sticky' that has a 1970-1974 Carouche wiring diagram. Did you look at this yet?
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaboy1 View Post
I just bought a Club Car Carouche electric. I've been reading a few posts that are saying, "you can tell the year by the serial number." or words to that effect. I've looked high and low and I can't seem to find a plate with a serial number on it. I hope this is not too technical of a question and it gets thrown out....I'm a first time poster so please, be gentle with me....I have a technical question to ask but based on what I'm reading from the webmaster, I dare not post that....
ask away, the only stupid questions are the ones not asked...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
iowaboy1
Not Yet Wild

what is a 'sticky' and where do i access it?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
iowaboy1
Not Yet Wild

there's a couple of resistance coils underneath the seat....a wire from one of the solenoids burned off where it intersected the shorter of the two coils....the coil had 6 turns of a number nine wire....also the wooden plate that was holding the support wire and coil was burned as well...I made a new battery cable using an old battery cable and the good end from my machine, manufactured a new wooden plate, and made a loop in the coil and wired the whole thing back together....before it was jumping out of the gate like a race horse, now it accelerates smoothly...my technical question is: why did it burn up in the first place? and after i rode it around a bit, that resistance coil was very hot....maybe i need to put a bigger coil in there....? any ideas on any of this?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
what is a 'sticky' and where do i access it?
. . . go here . . .

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...he-wiring.html
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
iowaboy1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xact1 View Post
iowaboy1,

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here.

There is a 'sticky' that has a 1970-1974 Carouche wiring diagram. Did you look at this yet?
I'm asking where is the serial number plate and you directed me to a wiring diagram....? What am I missing?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
iowaboy1
Not Yet Wild

I'm not seeming to help people understand my trouble here...I'm trying to locate the plate that has a serial number on it so I can tell what year I have...you are directing me to a wiring diagram...I'm not understanding...also, I'm wondering why the resistor wire and the battery cable - which runs from one of the solenoids - caught fire and burned up....what might cause this....any ideas on that?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #9
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I'm asking where is the serial number plate and you directed me to a wiring diagram....? What am I missing?
Sorry, I thought that the electrical diagram MIGHT help with your technical question

Obviously you are missing the serial number tag.

Club Cars made from 1981 to 2010 - you will find a serial number located right of center below the dash area. The first 2 numbers after the letter indicate the yr. of manufacture An exception is the Precedent model (made since 2004) which has the serial number in the passenger side glove box area.

Identifying by appearance:
Club Car golf carts have an aluminum chassis. A 1975 to 1980 model (Carouche) has 2 brake pedals and 1 accelerator pedal.1982 – 2000.5 Club Cars have aluminum roof supports and 2 seat backs.2000.5 and newer have 1 seat back and steel roof supports and handles built into( DS model) or added to the roof (Precedent model).

The next information is quoted directly from the Club Car website:

Q: How can I identify the model and year of my Club Car?
A: Starting in the 1980s Club Car vehicles have a serial number plaque at the lower edge of the dashboard. Our serial number convention is 12 characters and indicates the model, the model year and the production week the vehicle was produced.

For example:

PQ0604-123456
Where PQ = Precedent Electric, 06 = 2006 Model Year, and 04 = Fourth Production Week

Note: If you cannot find a serial number plaque contact Club Car with the serial number from the transaxle, electric motor or gas engine. Utilizing that information we can assist you with identifying the serial number of your vehicle.

That should take care of what you are missing......
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #10
iowaboy1
Not Yet Wild

hi and thanks...big help but sadly, someone prior to me has removed the serial number plate...mine only has one brake pedal....also, I'm wondering why the resistor wire and the battery cable - which runs from one of the solenoids - caught fire and burned up....what might cause this....any ideas on that?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car