lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Ron28174
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 Precedent seat gets hot

If I drive my Precedent more than 5 or 10 minutes the seat starts getting very hot. The passenger side gets the hottest. I know it is because the exhaust pipe goes across the top of the engine. Does anyone know of a fix for this.
Ron28174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2020, 02:48 PM   #2
this1guyjeff
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2006 Precedent seat gets hot

Was there ever a explanation for this?
this1guyjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:06 PM   #3
Jay Miller
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Could you wrap the exhaust in something similar to what is used on motorcycles? Put heat reflective material on underside of seat? Mine gets hot too but I just deal with it.
Jay Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:39 AM   #4
mrlmd
Gone Wild

My seat got really hot for a while, then the engine would bog down and die. It also was making a louder than usual exhaust noise. I discovered a rusted out hole in the top of the muffler really difficult to see, but after I replaced the muffler, all is well now. The seat is much cooler and the engine runs great, no longer inhaling its' exhaust gasses.

I would not wrap the pipe or exhaust with any heat insulating material - that greatly increases the exhaust gas temps and is not great for the engine. There is very little value in doing that other than aesthetics maybe.
If you put insulating foil or something below the seat you may be just masking the problem if this is something new. Take a look at your muffler and see if you have a similar problem to mine.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 07:37 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I've never had the seats on any of my carts get noticeably hot because of the engine.
The plastic behind the seat, and maybe the seat bottom, sure, but not the top of the seat where I'm sitting.
Do you have any mods done to the cart? Zip tie to make it go faster? Bigger tires?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:12 AM   #6
mrlmd
Gone Wild

Fairtax, you're right again. In my case the seat itself was fine but the plastic in back of the seat over the engine got hot, and maybe that's what the OP really meant to say. The thickness of the padding in the seat would pretty much insulate your butt from the heat.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 06:42 PM   #7
jwhall
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was going to try a 12 volt fan in the engine compartment blowing on the muffler
jwhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car