lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
kieranmccamment
Not Yet Wild

Default Primary clutch removal

Ok so i have taken multiple clutches off the drives but never one this old its a 1995 g14 i have the tool taht you turn in to pop the clutch off all i got off was the outside part and i have turned that removal tool in as far as i can and it wont budge any help.
kieranmccamment is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Primary clutch removal

the tool for a drive Team clutch will not work on any other clutch, are you sure you are using the correct tool? also, i have found that (assuming the correct puller is used) if you tighten the crap out of it, in the morning it will have poped off while you were away. sometimes it doesnt take long at all to just pop off while you are waiting. last (NOT PREFERRED, THERE ARE RISKS INVOLVED) method is using a hammer and punch on the backside of the clutch with the puller tool tightned down.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:26 AM   #3
kieranmccamment
Not Yet Wild

i am using a different puller from what i used on the drive as the threads are different i will try and let it sit for a while and see what happens. thanks.
kieranmccamment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Usually you can hammer the end of the puller bolt a little, with a metal hammer. If you can hit the side of the taper that is the best way as it will jar the taper loose (just like a tie rod bolt). You can take the clutch apart so you can heat the outside part of the taper, but can trash seals doing this. You can put the bolt back in one thread out from tight and duct tape the head or silicone it so it will not turn, then drive around slowly for a bit and see if it pops off. Be careful doing this, have a guard or clutch covered well enough, though at low rpm they don't go anywhere....do not rev it up actually idle may work better due to vibrations.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha