lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
ewfranklin607
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool 1994 Gas Medalist 1" Shorter Belt Squealing

Hello all. I am a newbie and love the forum. Now down to business. I have a 1994 EZGO Gas Medalist with 22" tires and a lift kit. I was having trouble going up hills. After reading through the forum posts, I bought a new 28 degree driven clutch, a 1" shorter belt and the idle kit with the clutch spring for the drive clutch. I installed all this stuff this weekend and did a timing belt swap and valve adjustment. She will run like a banshee now but when I stop the belt is rubbing enough on the clutch dive axle that it squeals like a wildcat and keeps the driven clutch turning enough to where I can't shift from forward to reverse with the engine running. I used the first belt on the 1" shorter belt post. Will this all stop after the belt is broken in for a while? I use the cart on the farm and for deer hunting and as you can imagine, the squealing belt won't work in the woods.
ewfranklin607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 Gas Medalist 1" Shorter Belt Squealing

Are you sure that the new belt you bought matches the 28 degree angle on your CVT? Your parts guy might have been thinking of a stock angle 1" shorter belt without thinking of the new angle on the CVT. If you know for a fact that everything is correct I think I'd just run the heck out of it for a while and see if it's straightens out.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
ewfranklin607
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It is the stock EZGO belt that is listed in all the posts as the preferred belt. That may be the problem. The 28 degree clutch came with a belt. I may change it out and see what happens but I think it is a 42" long belt. I'll get the number off the belt I have on tonight. Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

If the clutch came with the belt I'd assume it's the right one but you could always get ahold of the seller and double check.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #5
ewfranklin607
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks. I'm going to put the 42" belt that came with the clutch on tonight and see if that works better.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO