lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
surfdog
Gone Wild

Default Re: 36 volt ezgo speed issue

Thanks everyone, The charger is a 28115. I did check the batteries to make sure they were full.
We go to mexico in the winter for four months. The other eight months the cart sits in the garage down there so I assume I would need a charger that maintains the batteries. Since I would have to buy a charger and batteries, I might as well get 8 volts and convert to 48 volt and get a programmer to get more power. At this point, I'm wondering how long the batteries will last under those conditions and maybe if I shouldn't go back to gas. Any thoughts?
surfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A charger that goes into a float charge mode after the regular charge cycle, like the one I use, would probably be best, but letting them sit unattended for eight months in a hot climate might not be a good idea.

Problem is the electrolyte level needs to be checked periodically and distilled water added as needed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I would think leaving a gasser unused for eight months might also be a problem, unless you "winterize" it, though my lawnmower goes unused for five months with no problems.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #14
surfdog
Gone Wild

I could probably get someone to check up on it every so often and my wife goes down a couple times in the summer to check on the house so it might be ok.
But I wonder, if you had to already replace the cables on a 2008 and the batteries under good circumstances last four years we're talking $250 TO $300 a year to run the cart. I had a gas Yamaha down there for a couple of years and it seemed to do fine, no gummy carbs or anything. Am I off on my costs per year for an electric?
surfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'd guess $600 for six batteries, which should last four or more years. Mine lasted nine, but that's unusual. I don't have experience with new cables with good heat shrink, but if they're kept clean, I would guess you'd go several battery cycles per set. Beyond that, most wear parts are the same on a sparky as a gasser. I would guess a gasser would be cheaper to operate, but you still have to do plug, oil, and filter changes, then rebuild every so often. I did a complete rebuild on mine for a little over $200. And the belt has to be changed, but I don't know what they run. Starter/alternator may be a wear item, like on cars.

Your stock cables are not the best quality, and shouldn't be a benchmark for how long they last.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:16 AM   #16
jetfan1950
Not Yet Wild

I had same issue with my 2001 PDS. My issue was resolved with a new solenoid (under $30) but my batteries charge to full capacity. My cart was throwing a diagnostic code which pointed to the solenoid. Put it in diagnostic mode to see if yours has any faults.
jetfan1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:16 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Upgrade the control and solenoid & get a good battery pack and the cart will do everything you want. The stock control is engineered for country club fairways.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reprogram stock ezgo pds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO