lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
lackofusername
Not Yet Wild

Default Robin 295 Belt and Governor no change

I just bought a 2002 TXT with the E29H. Has 22" tires, small lift, rear seat. The problem is with pulling inclines. I'm not using the cart to go off roading or anything like that. It is used in my yard and at the campground. I test drove it on flat ground and it ran fine. Still does. I got it to the campground and then discovered it is puny at pulling itself with a heavy load (people on the cart) on an incline. I have a Polaris Ranger, so I am not using this cart to do anything it shouldn't. Here is what I have done after reading the forum and doing research.

1. Bought a Napa 6098 belt and installed it this morning. No noticeable change in any way shape or form. The belt that I took off is longer. Looks to be OEM.

2. Adjusted the governor pre short belt and post. No change at all better or worse.

I am now at a loss. It sounds and feels like it is in high gear. It doesn't "down shift" when pulling an incline. I am leaning towards clutch issues, but wanted to start on the cheap end and work toward expensive fixes. The cart is great in every other aspect. Just seems weak. I am not expecting a 9 hp cart to do burnouts. My expectations of the cart are not overly zealous, it just seems weak for a 9 hp cart.

Any info or direction would be great. Thanks in advance and the knowledge on this site is outstanding.
lackofusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Robin 295 Belt and Governor no change

When it's on the incline try and look to make sure the belt its riding all the way to the outside ring of the driven clutch(on the axle). This says it's in low gear. If not, then possibly a problem with the drive clutch(motor end) not opening back up like it's supposed to. Possibly test on a floor jack with the brakes on and off.
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO