lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Default G2 rear axle help

Hey guys, I'll be tearing into my build (Razorback) next weekend. I'll need a bit of info before I start to dig deep in this cart. I'm curious on how easy or hard it is to remove the axles from the trans. Plan on rebuilding the trans with new bearings, gaskets and gear lube... I'll have close to 50 horsepower going to this trans If anyone has any pics or info, it will be greatly appreciated!
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G2 rear axle help

There are 4 bolts at the wheel-ends that hold the axles and backing plates to the axle-tubes.There are 5 or 6 bolts at the inner-ends of the axle-tubes that bolt the tubes to the Gear-Cases.Simple as that.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Thanks Mike! There isn't a retainer clip or spring clip to hold the splines together in the trans?
Old 09-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

???
Old 09-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

No, Like Pachanga said. 4 axle bearing retainor bolts, 6 bolts that hold the axle tubes to the diff case, 4 bolts that hold the axle tubes to the swing arm. Don't forget the bolt and nut that is in the front of the diff to the swing arm. Good to hear your getting ready to build "Razorback"
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Thanks Dave! I'll be elbow deep in grease and gear lube Saturday night after my sons football game! I'll get it set up Friday morning before work... I can't wait! Overtime really kicked my butt this summer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha