lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #11
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: the Shaft that holds the govenor Fell in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
you should really consider letting a pro handle this. I have done this lots of times, but this may be a job for a pro. The www.yamahagolfcar.com site has a parts breakdown, study it before considering this job yourself. Please dont be mad if this seems daunting or risky for the DIYer, It Is! This job is a little big for typing, but. The transaxle has to be taken all the way out. And DO NOT DRIVE IT, EVEN PUSHING IT IN NEUTRAL COULD BE DANGEROUS. Remove throttle cable bracket. The transaxle will stand on-end (a wheel on the end on the ground makes a good stand (yamaha manual advises doing this standing up in a jig attached to your bench). Plug the vent tube. You can do this without draining the axle oil if you want to reuse it. Bigger half with fins points down. Clutch can stay in place. Remove all 1/2" bolts and use a prybar to break silicone. Pull top half off, while manuvering it to allow the input shaft to come with top half, one "end gear" may stay in top half too). If end gear stays in bottom half, look for shim that may be present behind bearing. Look for and reinsert governor fork with "forks" pointing up. Dont remove the shaft with the forward and reverse gears, this will add un needed complication. At this point, the reassembly is the reverse of removal, BUT you will need a friend to get the shift shaft, end gear, and shift fork back in their locations. Having never done this before, it will seem like something is wrong, but consider that you are trying to align 2 bearings and a shift shaft plus a shift fork all at the same time (it is tricky). If the shifter input will spin, than you missed the shift fork. You should really consider letting a pro handle this, i keep saying this because it is alot trickier than an easy electric axle. Study up, if you have more questions, i will try to help in a reasonable amount of time.
Hard to tell in the drawing where the forks of the governor shaft is supposed to go.
Miamidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

In the newly empty hole? It must point up, or the input shaft cannot fall back into its bearing hole. It does not have to be flipped down half-way through the install process like the dana axle does. This is why i said remove throttle cable bracket.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:44 PM   #13
cgtech

Yamaha

Part #20 = shift shaft, im not sure if this what yamaha calls it, i call it that because that is its function. Yamahas part pics has a image dedicated to governor parts (or it used to).
Old 02-28-2014, 04:51 PM   #14
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Part #20 = shift shaft, im not sure if this what yamaha calls it, i call it that because that is its function. Yamahas part pics has a image dedicated to governor parts (or it used to).
I get that part. the pic i found of the governor shaft has a fork on the bottom (the part inside the transaxle) i was wondering if that fork has to be inserted in a specific part.

Also, can you tell me what type of sealant i need for when resembling the two halves?

Thanks.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #15
cgtech

Yamaha

Just flip the governor shaft up against the "wall", away from the input shaft bearing location. It will flip down onto the input shaft with no problem after all is assembled. Yamaha (team) used clear silicone, but the grey stuff is good too. Black, blue, and orange silicone would suffice as well, just be sure to clean up the old silicone.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #16
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

OK. CG Tech: I finally got the transaxle out of the cart. I wanted to go over a few things before I crack it open. Please help.

Quote:
Pull top half off, while manuvering it to allow the input shaft to come with top half, one "end gear" may stay in top half too).
On the diagram photo can you please clarify by number, what is the "input shaft" that comes up with the top half?
Quote:
If end gear stays in bottom half, look for shim that may be present behind bearing.
Can you please tell me which "end gear, shim and bearing" you are talking about? Also, must these come up with the top half of can they stay down? Look for and reinsert governor fork with "forks" pointing up. Dont remove the shaft with the forward and reverse gears, this will add un needed complication. At this point, the reassembly is the reverse of removal,
Quote:
BUT you will need a friend to get the shift shaft, end gear, and shift fork back in their locations. Having never done this before, it will seem like something is wrong, but consider that you are trying to align 2 bearings and a shift shaft plus a shift fork all at the same time (it is tricky).
Can you explain what needs to align; Shift Shaft #20, End Gear # ??, shift fork ##??,,,also which 2 bearings are you referring to?
Quote:
If the shifter input will spin, than you missed the shift fork.
You should really consider letting a pro handle this, i keep saying this because it is alot trickier than an easy electric axle. Study up, if you have more questions, i will try to help in a reasonable amount of time.[/QUOTE]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4457 (Medium).JPG (129.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-03-2014, 11:54 PM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

Input shaft has the clutch on it right now. You have the trans oriented correctly.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:20 AM   #18
cgtech

Yamaha

See attached photo.

Bearing (right most 13), shim (12), end gear (right most 39, will actually be on same side of ring gear as 12 & 13).

Shift shaft (20)

Input shaft (21)

Shift fork has no number, but is circled on housing.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:21 AM   #19
cgtech

Yamaha

Sorry, forgot to add photo...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmp_IMG_20140303_2213201917620006.jpg (126.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #20
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Special Thanks to CGTECH!

cracked it open yesterday and with your notes it was a sucess. It is definatly a two person job in order to realign the top and bottom half. So thanks also to my neighboor (his build is comming soon EzGo).

It took a few tries to get the shift fork in the right spot, but we got it. The only things i cant figure out is the governor fork. I just let it rest on the case wall but i really don't understand how it will fall into place and what it will actually do.

Anyways, it was a success, fingers crossed. now i plan, before i put it back on the cart, to degrease the outside, clean and paint the case.

Again. CGTECH, thank you for your help. If you are ever in Miami, let me know, i owe you a beer.

Oh and i know the garage is a mess...i had to choose clean up the garage or work on the cart..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4507[1].jpg (114.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4512[1].jpg (155.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4508[1].jpg (141.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4511[1].jpg (113.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha