lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
Wmpick
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G16- lift & tires info

Hi, My work on my stock G16 Gas is coming along nice- Thanks to everyone's help! Now I have some questions regarding lift/tires- The tires that were on my cart are stock and now 2 have gone flat and won't air up-shot! I have it up on jackstands now -going over most everything I think it might need- and am in the process of making a parts order- I'm just planning on using around my farm nothing very steep-not sure what the biggest tire /wheel will work without lift-May like to go a little bigger than stock-20x10-10 if so what lift do you suggest or how much power will it kill, if I go with 22x11-10- Sahara Classic AT Tires? Lift kit preferences? I have no way to test out my work and how its gonna do without buying something and I hate to buy stock then decide to lift also I think a very large security guard drove this cart around , by himself and I think the front shock may be gone, leans a bit to drivers side- suggestions for shocks- whether I lift or not? Thanks again
Wmpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2014, 09:21 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G16- lift & tires info

Yamaha's are known to lean,due to the coils getting tired.A 5" lift will fit 22" tires nicely,a 3" will fit 20" tires.The only mods.needed for general use are to bypass the governor,and I prefer synthetic oil since they are splash-lube(no oil-pump).A stock,lifted G16 will do very well of road,my wife's is quite impressive for a stock motor.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Yamaha's are known to lean,due to the coils getting tired.Stock tires are 18".A 5" lift will fit 22" tires nicely,a 3" will fit 20" tires.The only mods.needed for general use are to bypass the governor,and I prefer synthetic oil since they are splash-lube(no oil-pump).A stock,lifted G16 will do very well of road,my wife's is quite impressive for a stock motor.Hope this helps.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:51 PM   #4
Wmpick
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I was doing a search for Jakes lifts and I found contradicting different info, some says # 6253 is a 5" lift and some show it as a 6" lift with same Jakes# , any ideas? I have sorta picked out some 10x7 troopers with 22x11-10 Sahara classic AT tires,?? whatta ya think?
also what type and weight of the synthetic you prefer?
Old 03-12-2014, 01:05 AM   #5
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Mobil 1 10w30 synthetic.. 7$ at wally world
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:54 AM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Mobil-1,Valvoline,Castrol,or Kendall are all good choices.If you want to spend a little more,but have an oil specific to your application,get Klotz,its made for splash-lube go kart race motors.Hope this helps.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #7
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmpick View Post
I was doing a search for Jakes lifts and I found contradicting different info, some says # 6253 is a 5" lift and some show it as a 6" lift with same Jakes# , any ideas? I have sorta picked out some 10x7 troopers with 22x11-10 Sahara classic AT tires,?? whatta ya think?
also what type and weight of the synthetic you prefer?
Thats a very popular set up. Hope youre getting a good package deal price. As often as i change my oil any oil will do. I usually use generic synthetic and it works great. Never had an issue.
Post up some pics when your done!
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #8
Wmpick
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks. Am taking pics as it progresses. Will post some later when I figure out how to lol, Also. In looking at the 6" jakes a arm 6253 , in their photos it appears that there are new bushings in the arms for king pins and also on other ends. Does anyone know , as I need to rebuild at least one of my king pin & bushings that is worn and wasn't sure what all I would need to order in addition to the jakes kit.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #9
Wmpick
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I jumped the gun- just watched the jakes lift video and it says it comes with new bushings. So I guess I'll just need new dust seals :)
Old 03-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #10
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It comes with the bushings but not king pins. I would recommend changing them while it is apart.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha