lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2016, 08:31 AM   #21
indian ink
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Hooking up accessories through the ignition switch ?

Ok, hope these pics help...I tested it with a meter in the three key positions and 12v is kept in reverse and forward, also cuts off when key out. Also, the back up alarm will still work as normal...but it was very hard to solder these wires in without burning the others !!! I'll post the relay and fuse panel later...Let there be lights ! haha

20160625_191127.jpg

20160625_191259.jpg

20160625_204531.jpg
indian ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2016, 03:04 PM   #22
QB100
Gone Wild

Yamaha

my g9 and g29 have accessories wired directly from the battery through a fuse... so you can leave the lights on when the key is off.

Relays are a cool little item.... can do a lot with them and they are cheap... at least on ebay or amazon.. laughed when I seen the price at the parts store... I bought a 5 pack for the same price..

if your worried about someone leaving an item on and killing your battery then the relay through the key switch is a good way to go. Just gotta find a hot wire somewhere after the key switch... i.e. the one going to the gas pedal switch...

there are all kinds of videos on u-tube on how these work...

I'm looking at using one of the relays as a kill switch so that every time you turn the key off you have to power up the relay again.. i.e. a push button or a magnetic switch..

I put a battery disconnect switch on both of my carts that disconnect everything if I'm not using them for a period of time.

I didn't use relays on my lights because the power draw was well below what the switch was rated. if I were to put one of those huge light bars on my cart then I would use a relay. But it doesn't hurt to use one.

just do your research, do the math to determine what the components will handle and you will be fine.

the most time consuming thing I had was securing the wires under the cart... I like to keep them neat and secured, it take a bit but worth is when its completed.

drives me nuts to see a nice cart and I can see a pile of wires in plain view.. just looks tacky to me...

good luck and be safe with electrical...
QB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #23
indian ink
Not Yet Wild

Here are the pics, relays were mentioned so I wanted to share some more pics...always best to use relays...cuts back on heavy wire to buy, load on the switches, and more fun stuff to wire in ! Really didn't want to mention this because I don't want to confuse anybody, but I am ground operating the relays at the switch so I don't have to run power to the dash for all the accessory switches, just their outputs.

20160627_182428.jpg

20160627_182439.jpg
indian ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha