lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
boxcar
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Need some help

I early retired the end of January of this year. I am going to be working part-time at area golf course And will be doing some mechanic work also. Here's my question, I will be working on a 2001 EZ Go workhorse utility cart. It has the Robin EH29c motor on it. It has very little compression. The valves have been adjusted. I'm thinking the motor could be shot. So, is their another motor that would bolt in and be just as good or even better. Any advise would be greatful.. Thanks,
Boxcar
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I early retired the end of January of this year. I am going to be working part-time at area golf course And will be doing some mechanic work also. Here's my question, I will be working on a 2001 EZ Go workhorse utility cart. It has the Robin EH29c motor on it. It has very little compression. The valves have been adjusted. I'm thinking the motor could be shot. So, is their another motor that would bolt in and be just as good or even better. Any advise would be greatful.. Thanks,
Boxcar
lets start with a head gasket , theses engines are super simple to rebuild and for the price unless your looking for major power increase it can be done for 300-500 dollars , if you know your stuff sometimes you can get away with rings and gaskets and a light hone job for 200, just keep looking around here and pull that motor and get into it we'll get you through it
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #3
boxcar
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Ok, thats where I'll start. Going to do a compression check when I start next monday. I also just ordered a engine shop rebuild and service parts manual (27615-G01). I hope it's the one I need.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:29 PM   #4
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

I know it's a little too late, but that manual is available in the stickies above.

Manual
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #5
boxcar
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Yep, I saw that. My problem is all I have is my smart phone, no home computer.. I figure it was worth the money and the course will pay me back.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO