lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #11
Cvans
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 secondary clutch spring preload?

I don't know the theory but I do know the the G2 spring worked great in my G1 repower with a G2 rear end.
Cvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #12
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvans View Post
I don't know the theory but I do know the the G2 spring worked great in my G1 repower with a G2 rear end.
Hey Chris, it wasn't until you asked what spring to use that I decided to switch mine out. I thought I was happy with the G1 spring until I tried the softer G2 spring. My cart is for campground use only and now it has a much better cruising speed at a lower rpm and it still pulls hard when you step on it.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #13
Cvans
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Hey Chris, it wasn't until you asked what spring to use that I decided to switch mine out. I thought I was happy with the G1 spring until I tried the softer G2 spring. My cart is for campground use only and now it has a much better cruising speed at a lower rpm and it still pulls hard when you step on it.
Good to hear it worked out for you too. It is amazing how linear the torque curve is. Just seems to pull from the start to top end.
Cvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The spring is more for part throttle rpm, more spring or preload makes it rev more and be more snappy. Less makes it more quiet and rev less. Full throttle is mostly controlled by the primary so it will reach full rpm with any setting in the secondary, just happens quicker with a tighter secondary because rpm is already part way up. For light use like campgrounds and such the stock setup is great, just what it was made for.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha