lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #11
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I'm Baaaack ... Did Ya Miss Me? 2006 MPT Questions

Well the Big Brown Truck dropped off a box today ... And Lo and Behold, it's the 375 High-Perf Rebuild - Looks like I had better get my butt in gear, the old engine is still in the cart, LOL

CP+ has my clutch components backordered (and no answer yet as to when they'll be available) so a little of the pressure is off, I have a ton of work here at the Estate to catch up on but hopefully can squeeze an hour or two here and there to do the swap - never thought after this Spring that I'd be hoping for a "Rain Day" but I sure am now, LOL
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2014, 05:52 PM   #12
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Well out with the old, in with the new (it actually RAINED, WOO HOO !!!) - Had some hiccups, I couldn't find the Hot Carb anywhere so I had to completely tear the garage apart, then of course I stripped the 3/4" threads in the drive clutch (which meant I had to tear everything apart AGAIN to find the monster gear puller) but after a couple of hours and a little more pressure washing on the swingarm, she's basically ready to start reassembling in the AM (the drivetrain, anyhow) ...

Found a spot of surface rust on the battery tray, so I'm going to get that sorted out tonight - I'm still on the fence though as to whether to put the stock carb and exhaust on for break-in just to be safe, I'm going to have a whole "Body" project as well as a Clutch project coming up soon (as well as the speed gears) so I figure to be smart I should just wait til that's all done and then throw the Hot Carb and Exhaust on - decisions, decisions :)
Old 05-23-2014, 10:02 AM   #13
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Well the new motor is finally in - unfortunately the manifold on the MCI engine is slightly different than on the Pre-MCI that the header I have is for so the decision was made for me, looks like a stock jet and exhaust is in my future for awhile *sigh*

Another small problem has arisen, the driven clutch is frozen solid - I was able to get the clip off but no amount of PB or pressure, tapping, pounding, and swearing will get the Helix to release or move - has anyone tried using heat on one of these? I would be concerned that the ramp buttons would be destroyed however a big part of why I am disassembling it is to install a 28deg helix and new buttons (if they ever arrive) so that's not the *end* of the world ... Any ideas?

Old 05-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Well I got it, FINALLY - let's just say the problem(s) were obvious once I opened her up

Took a little Media to her with the blaster after pulling the ramps, took a little time doing some "Hillbilly Polishing" of all the surfaces with the drill press, some 30wt, and some 800 grit sanding sponges, got her all cleaned up and working wonderfully

Advanced the spring as far as it goes after stretching it a bit in the big vise - So if nothing else it's ready, picked up the new cable and Exhaust Gasket today too so the only thing keeping it from moving is ME, hahahaha - hoping to have it rolling around the yard by Sunday (fingers crossed) ...

Still haven't heard from Dixie/CPP regarding the backordered parts, I really like how a business can show stuff in stock on their website, take your money, then let You know a few days later that it's backordered ... ALMOST as much as when You email for an estimated ETA and get a reply saying they'll check on it and give me a call or email and don't. Hey, if nothing else I guess I eliminated another unreliable vendor/source from the list, so if nothing else it'll speed things up the NEXT time when I DON'T order from them :)
Old 05-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #15
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Well Today was the day - after a head-scratcher with the electrical (Pulsar plug was wired backwards) she fired up and runs like a dream ... The driven clutch is just pooched, though, even reversing the ramps and cleaning it up did no good, it sticks in high range until You completely stop (no downshifting) so I had to give her a good hours shakedown on the pavement instead of the trails - gives me something to address tomorrow morning (along with getting the lift, rims, tires, etc ordered).

Just for fun, I installed a set of 1963 Cadillac Trumpets on her - people are going to KNOW when I'm in the neighborhood, LOL

Had to upgrade the wiring to 30a for now on the horn circuit, prob end up doing a relay bank eventually anyhow for the LED Bar, Winch, etc so no biggie - I *did* have some fun though, I wired the OEM horn to the reverse beeper, when the "Other Half" came home itching to take a spin in the new cart I said "Sure - Just Back it Out and Go", hahahahahahaha (she's STILL not speaking to me very much :) )
Old 06-12-2014, 08:06 AM   #16
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Well I guess it's time to update, The cart is 90% together (sans speed gears but again, I decided to hold off until everything is broken in before I start getting the final touches together) ... Shot some PPG on the body yesterday, had a few moisture issues in the first coat (go figure - the dryer was the ONE thing I didn't buy at HF, spent the money for a "quality" one that was defective) but after a panic remedy and a couple more coats, it's looking fairly good and I have plenty of paint to reshoot it when I finally decide to tear into the rear end (it's not bad at all, really - just a couple of fisheyes, unfortunately they're spread out on EVERY panel, one on the drivers side, two on the cowl, etc) ...

I believe I am going to try to do the wetsand and buff once the panels are installed, so I should have some pics this afternoon of the prelim assembly - in the meantime, any opinions on the paint?

Old 06-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #17
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Aw WTF - I just *had* to test fit stuff to see if the color works, LOL ....

Old 06-12-2014, 08:56 AM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I do like that color.. What shade is that one ? I am about to get my RXV sprayed in Viper Blue with some skunk stripes
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:14 AM   #19
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

It's a PPG mix, Delfleet Urethane Enamel Cobalt Metallic - The guys added some lighter pearl to it for me too ... For a single-stage paint, the panel that DIDN'T get moisture in it is amazing, depending on the lighting we have seen like 6 different shades of Blue (it's almost light blue in the sun, almost Black at night).

I'm fighting the decision now on seats and decals, I have a guy who will make me factory EZGO stickers for the sides but if I do White they'll stand out like crazy, Black will all but disappear at night - That and the seats, I was originally going to go black with black pleated stripes but now I'm thinking if I do grey pleated stripes and a grey set of logos on the side it might come together nicely - I *hate* this part, LOL ...
Old 06-12-2014, 09:39 AM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Black seats would look good but are a no no down here in our heat. Something about chestnuts roasting..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO