lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
Jdaniels
Not Yet Wild

Default Problems after muffler bbq

I have a yamaha g1. On Wednesday I drove 12 holes with it on the course. It ran good just felt a little sluggish. So last night I took off the muffler and burnt it out over a fire. After I was done with that noticed that there was still alot of loose junk in there that I couldnt shake out. So I took it to the band saw and cut the cap off. I didnt realize while I was cutting that there was another cap inside, the two being separated by fiberglass. Anyways I took some wire and knocked all the crap out and rewelded the caps back on and replaced the fiberglass. After I put the muffler back on the cart will start normal and but after 3 seconds of driving it bogs down to a crawl. Any ideas?
Jdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Problems after muffler bbq

It could be plugged. The bbq does heat up the oil enough to burn it off, but the residue typically still remains. Sometimes the hot coals will also burn the fiberglass. Fiberglass does burn, and it leaves a residue as well. I do not recommend the bbq procedure because it's nearly impossible to get all the soot, ash, and residue out of the muffler afterwards.

Also the 2 cycle engine uses some of the exhaust to power charge the cylinder, which can bring some of that debris back into the engine. Not good. Another reason not to bbq.

If a G1 muffler is that full of oil that it needs burned to remove it, then the cart isn't in very good running condition and is using too much oil. There shouldn't be much oil coming out of the exhaust if the correct mix and the correct oil is being used.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
Jdaniels
Not Yet Wild

Yep still plugged. Took it off, cut it open and cleaned it out some more. I will post some pics.
Jdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #4
Cvans
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have another muffler available cheap if you want it. It worked good on my cart but since I upgraded engines I don't need it. Yours for $35 plus actual shipping.
Cvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha