lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2014, 09:30 PM   #11
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1994 Gas EZ Go Won't run

I would check to see if the flywheel, or the timing pulleys are loose. Sheared key maybe?
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2014, 10:07 PM   #12
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

That is the ONLY thing I haven't checked. Just trying to avoid pulling motor.

The only thing that baffles me about this is that the cart just didn't stop running one day. It's something that slowly happened. I suppose the key on the flywheel could have "slowly" been bending until it eventually broke?

It's the only thing I can think of.
robbiescd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #13
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

I believe the flywheel is on a taper, so if the key sheared, it could walk slowly.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #14
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Yea....afraid of that. Still gonna wait and install a new coil (not going to cost to try it). Then dabble into the flywheel if that doesn't work.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #15
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Good luck with it Robbie.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #16
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

I appreciate it. And thanks for the input! I'm pulling my hair out on this one!

If you know much about Club Cars, I just put a new post in Club Car section about a fouled plug. Been a bad week. Too many grimlins!
Old 05-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #17
jfox
Not Yet Wild

I am looking for wiring diagram for 94 gas ez go. where did you find yours. thanks
jfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:54 PM   #18
hugger6933
Getting Wild

With test light lead to the pos side of the coil, key on do you have a light? Then test light on the neg side of coil,crank engine over do you have a flash of the light? If not start looking down towards the pulsar. Unhook the plug test leads from the DVOM on the wires and crank over should be about half a volt[0.5] or without cranking the OHMS scale readings should be 435 to about 585. Now those are off the top of my head the OHMS reading but if you have the flash or the half volt you golden down there. It is pretty rare from what I understand for the pulsar to go bad. I have a cart my son drove into the cart shed and left the key on over the winter then when we went to pull it out again the battery was dead so someone helping me[don't know who and it doesn't matter could have been any number of people] but someone hooked up the battery backwards. That has me chasing first the coil then ignitor then pulsar now coil again. Basically the whole system had been fried that is how I know about the track down just been through it. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:55 PM   #19
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Jfox....going to try and attach a pic....

Jim....I have a multimeter...will have to dig around and see if I have a test light. I'll give that a shot.

Someone the other day told me about charging the battery backwards. They had the same issue and it turned the starter in the wrong direction!

Thanks for replies....sorry for the delay....just got in from working on another cart!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1994 ezgo wiring.jpg (51.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-31-2014, 09:59 PM   #20
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Also wanted to mention that I purchased a spark tester. Neat little tool! I was having a problem on a club car fouling the plugs and wanted to check spark. I could set the gap at about 1" to 1 1/2" and had it sho0t spark across that span!

Having said that, I performed the same test on the EZGO. Not NEAR the same amount of spark. Really didn't get spark until about 1/2 inch gap if not less. And it looked to be intermittent. But that could have been the internal connection from the tester to the spark plug wire.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO