lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
Beosma
Not Yet Wild

Default Serial Number Question (G2 I think)

I recently purchased a yamaha golf cart and I am having trouble finding out information about the serial number. I found it under that driver's seat but it was stamped into the plastic, not on the frame.

The Number reads J38-01 and that's it. What does it mean, if anything? I think it is a G2, but I am not sure what type. I am needing a few parts to get it running, but not sure what to order. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My G1 is up and running thanks to some great help on here and I am looking forward to getting the G2 up and running.
Beosma is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2014, 10:51 PM   #2
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: Serial Number Question (G2 I think)

FYI

Early Yamaha Model G2 serial numbers can be found under the rear bumper stamped into the square cross member of the frame on the passenger's side of the vehicle. From 1988 through 1990 the G2 serial number can be found under the seat where the floorboard meets the engine compartment.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:09 PM   #3
Beosma
Not Yet Wild

Post Re: Serial Number Question (G2 I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
FYI

Early Yamaha Model G2 serial numbers can be found under the rear bumper stamped into the square cross member of the frame on the passenger's side of the vehicle. From 1988 through 1990 the G2 serial number can be found under the seat where the floorboard meets the engine compartment.
Thanks, I will check in the morning. It is all a learning process and this forum is a life saver. I will post what I find.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
Beosma
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Serial Number Question (G2 I think)

I found the serial number where you said it would be. I have since looked up the numbers. I have an 89 G2-AD.

J55-005426

I need a dipstick and a few minor things. Is this engine a 285cc? I just need to know where to go look.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20140720_002.jpg (220.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #5
crash test dummy

Default Re: Serial Number Question (G2 I think)

Yamaha Golf Cart Parts
http://www.golfcartking.com/yamaha-parts-s/327.htm

Yamaha G2-G22 Oil Dipstick
http://www.golfcartking.com/Yamaha-G...p/cap-9007.htm
Old 07-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
Beosma
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Serial Number Question (G2 I think)

Thanks everyone for all your help!

Tags
serial number, yamaha gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha