lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
Wenger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Hours and Maintenance

hey all,

I bought a gas ezgo st 2+2 new back in '10. We have had nothing but fun with this vehicle towing sleds in the winter or driving around the 9x3 mile lake near our house (about a 3 hr trip with all the stops for fluids ). i do have the gov tweeked at 25 MPH.

I keep the battery charged up and change the motor oil every 50 hr with castrol 10w30, grease the steering and suspension, and I recently changed the diff oil at 300hr with SAE30.

I do work ( pull a 6x10 utility trailer with a deere x530 on it (sometimes with a roller) @ once a month ) and play hard with this vehicle and usually within most of its limits, but my questions are follows.

How long to these things typically last?
What are the average replacement hours on a:
Drive and starter belt
Starter motor
Main motor
Clutch parts
Is there any preventitive maintenance on the clutch?

Thanks
Chris
Wenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hours and Maintenance

If well-maintained, longevity can be measured in years - I have owned several late 80's Marathons that still were on the original drivetrain and going strong ...

I tend to do an oil change about once a month in the summer, I'm assuming being a 2010 You have the MCI 350cc engine so I would pop a new filter in when You wrap the cart up for the winter. Belts should be checked at each oil change, I replace them if they look dry or show any checking or splitting (starter) and once they wear enough to lose their profile (drive) ... Grease all the chassis zerks at oil-change time, pull the carb and jets and clean thoroughly, and You should be fine. I always check the starter brushes at the beginning of the season and generally replace them if they show wear as well as clean up any dust, etc in the starter as well as cleaning up the armature. Pull all ground wires on the cart every Spring, clean them up good and make sure they're tight. Once a 350cc hits 2-3 years old it's always a good idea to check the valves (should be at 004) at the start of every season ...

As to clutches, it's never a bad idea to pull them every spring and clean up the drive (dust, dirt, grime, etc) as well as splitting the driven and cleaning it out, as well as checking the ramp buttons (they generally last for years, but if they're showing any wear I just swap em out, keeps the clutch performing at its' peak).
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:10 PM   #3
Wenger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks for the information
i do change the oil filter with every oil change.

I do have the newer 400 engine. I work in an engine plant where they produce over a million engines a year. I am a firm believer that the valve adjustments they do in 25 sec is far superior than adjustment done in a garage or dealer. i don't take my valve covers off unless I hear ticking or some other reason... my .02 only

i am going to see about a service manual for this cart so i can work on the clutch over this winter.

after reading this, I looked at the starter motor. i removed one of the ruber inspection boots and looked with a flashlight. Everything looked clean, i suppose the shop manual will have more detail on this.

I have found a ground wire that required cleaning in the past.

This cart has a rattle that i have learned to live with. upon accelerating and decelerating the gov spring just rattles. Is there a trick for this? if i tighten it up, the cart just goes way to fast ( yea i said it, LOL ) i would really like a electronic gov !!!!
Something i could tune on the fly

thanks again
Old 08-11-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
Wenger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

sorry, the cart is a 2012
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO