lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2014, 04:05 AM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Plumquick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMQUICK View Post
I've come to the conclusion by past and present posts that we have a "Sexual Intellectual" unfortunately every site has their share of them!
Never heard that before, so I went to Urban Dictionary and found this:

A person who is clearly a f**king know-it-all. A blend of a smart a$$ and a douche bag - overall an annoying person that no one can stand.

I'll have to remember that one.

Urban dictionary has this to say about Yurtle Turtle (not Dr. Suess' Yertle):

The demon spawn of hell. spewd from the deepest darkest pits of satan's nightmares. fueled by the sorrow of the dead and dying as well as the pain and suffering of all who know his name. This apocolypse takes form in the shape of the one thing no one expects... a pet turtle.
1. oh look at the cute little turtle.

CHOMP

yurtle did him in.

I picked Yurtle Turtle when Yahoo Mail first came out, and all the "good" names were already picked, and I couldn't stand the thought of adding 123 to the end, so I went with Yurtle Turtle. Who'd a thunk I'd still be using it after nearly two decades?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2014, 06:52 AM   #22
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holchak View Post
17 on mine.
Then you have a high speed motor or gears. Go look at the motor tag real close and you'll see.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
The EZgo is part of the family and I have to keep it going!
It is definitely a keeper.

Getting 8 years from a set of batteries indicates they were well looked after, keep up the good work.

Getting 17 MPH means something, or some things, are not what is typically found in or on a 1990 Marathon controller cart. Could be a speed wound motor, or speed gears in the differential, or maybe just the tire height. (My calculations say 23" tires or 10:1 gears would do it)

If it is tires or gears, you may see the speed increase to the low 20's after PQ does their magic on the motor.
If it is a speed motor, they may not get a full 20% more speed out of it.

-----------
One thing about retirement, most of us end up with less time to do the things we thought we were going to do since everybody finds things to use up all the "idle" time we now have on our hands.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
One thing about retirement, most of us end up with less time to do the things we thought we were going to do since everybody finds things to use up all the "idle" time we now have on our hands.
You've got that right. After 14 months of retirement, I would have thought my to-do list would have gotten knocked out pretty quickly. Instead, I found it got constantly amended, with more things getting added daily. I don't like no change orders. I finally got fed up and went back to work, to relax.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #25
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
It is definitely a keeper.

Getting 8 years from a set of batteries indicates they were well looked after, keep up the good work.

Getting 17 MPH means something, or some things, are not what is typically found in or on a 1990 Marathon controller cart. Could be a speed wound motor, or speed gears in the differential, or maybe just the tire height. (My calculations say 23" tires or 10:1 gears would do it)

If it is tires or gears, you may see the speed increase to the low 20's after PQ does their magic on the motor.

-----------
"When I get up in the morning I have nothing to do and by bed time I have half of it done."
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #26
Steve Holchak
Getting Wild

Club Car

[QUOTE=JohnnieB;1067441]It is definitely a keeper.

-----------
I have stock 18"? tires-Links. This cart is like the Eveready bunny...... It keeps going and going
Steve Holchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I have stock 18"? tires-Links. This cart is like the Eveready bunny...... It keeps going and going
You need to measure them to get the true height (The numbers on the sidewall are very approximate), but they are within an inch or so of 18", so you might have a speed motor, or speed gears.

What are the part numbers on the motor label?
(With that info, you might be able to get a better performance guesstimate from PQ)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #28
Steve Holchak
Getting Wild

Club Car

Cart is at my beach house, 70 miles away. I will get info on Labor day weekend and report back. Thanks!
Steve Holchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #29
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

OK

I have nothing but great things to say about my PlumQuick Bandit Rebuild. Got the promised torque and speed increases before upgrading controller, cable or solenoid. Motor is Western HD, Series 36/48-volt (7/11 hp). I think the motor was built by AMD for Western. Western spec on cart was 15 m.p.h. on level ground. I think this speed max was conservative by about 1 or 2 mph. I went over 21 mph with just Plum Quick upgrade and a very noticeable big torque improvement. I'm now chasing 25 mph with my additional upgrades as measured on my in-dash Speedhut GPS speedometer. Not sure where you can get a more cost effective torque and speed upgrade for their price as just tires and/or gears can't get you both together. And... a battery upgrade in voltage will cost you a PlumQuick upgrade just for the new required charger and at least a 4x for all new batteries unless you are able to squeeze in an extra battery somewhere, but there will be difficulty with ever matching up with the existing set for battery life. PlumQuick is a BIG YES from me!!! Also, a new motor vs. a PlumQuick upgrade is probably at least a double in cost, at a minimum.
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:49 AM   #30
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Zero speed increase. Bandit is a stock rebuild. Unless your motor was bad (or sepex) you won't see a speed increase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Stock series ezgo will do 10-12 mph with no mods. Even a 20% increase will be ~2.4 mph increase. I just don't see spending $300 for 2 mph. Sorry.
Make up your mind.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO