lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2014, 11:25 PM   #1
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 03 PDS No Go

Helping a friend who has a 03 PDS that has quit moving. No solenoid click. I have checked key switch, pedal switch, fnr switch, solenoid, and did the voltage check on all the pins in red on the diagram that Johnnieb has posted, and they all had pack voltage which is 38.1. The only thing I have found was the terminal was broken off of the reverse buzzer.
Could that possibly break a circuit to the controller and cause it to not move??
My opinion it is a bad controller, but wanted a second opinion.

Thanks, Michael
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2014, 11:30 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 PDS No Go

SO you have 38v(+) everyplace on the diagram, now check for (-) at the solenoid when you try to go (blue wire) Car won't go until the solenoid clicks.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:35 PM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had pack voltage on both yellow and blue wires on the solenoid. I jumped from b- to the blue wire to give it a ground just to check, and it clicked and operated normally.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:36 PM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do not get the ground when I press pedal.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:49 PM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When I said it operated normally I was talking about the solenoid. The still wouldn't move.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:41 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I would say you have a bad controller, You have identified one and possibly 2 faults.
Put meter voltage test leads on B- and A1 terminals and check the reading just after the solenoid clicks & then see if the reading goes down when you press the gas.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scotty for the help. There is no output. I'm pretty sure the controller is bad. I just want to confirm that the broken wire on the reverse buzzer wouldn't cause the controller to lose power somehow?? I wouldn't think so, but these PDS carts are a different best than the series that I'm more familiar with. I'm trying to talk him into upgrading to at least a 400 amp, but he is just wanting to put a stock replacement back in. We'll see what happens.
Thanks again!
Old 08-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Thanks Scotty for the help. There is no output. I'm pretty sure the controller is bad. I just want to confirm that the broken wire on the reverse buzzer wouldn't cause the controller to lose power somehow?? I wouldn't think so, but these PDS carts are a different best than the series that I'm more familiar with. I'm trying to talk him into upgrading to at least a 400 amp, but he is just wanting to put a stock replacement back in. We'll see what happens.
Thanks again!
With some PDS controller revision levels (The numbers after the "G" in the part number), the controller won't accept a freedom speed chip when the beeper is disconnected, but it still works in the other mode(s).
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #9
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Johnnieb! It don't have a chip in it at all right now.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #10
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Problem solved. It was the controller. Tried to talk him into a ScottyB upgrade, but he didn't want to come off of it. So he bought a stock replacement. Maybe next time when that one goes out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO