lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2014, 12:01 AM   #1
anthonywebb
Not Yet Wild

Default Kid Safe Mode

I'm starting a build with my sons ages 10/7/5 and was hoping to get some ideas on how to make it a vehicle that I can feel safe about letting them go out driving but also something I will enjoy driving when I am behind the wheel?

I'm looking for some sort of a dual rate, mild for the kids, wild for me. Any ideas on how to do this? I'm a software engineer by day and hardware hacker by night, just wondering if there are controllers or other systems out there that will let me signal more than one throttle mode dynamically?

I'm in the market for all new gear so I figured I better ask before I buy anything.

Thanks.
anthonywebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2014, 12:16 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Kid Safe Mode

First, tell us what you have:

Controller/Motor Type:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...go-guide-2.jpg

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html

There is a 1/2 speed reverse option that most controllers would understand, but that wouldn't do anything if you have steep hills they can race down. If you have regen, that "could" help.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:20 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you upgrade, and given your hacking background, you could retire an older computer to the garage and have two profiles stored on it. You'd have to reprogram the controller every time you need to slow it down or speed it up, but that would only take less than a minute.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:38 AM   #4
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

I don't know if this would apply for you, but it has been kicked around before. Check out thread " Slow this puppy down".
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:43 AM   #5
rib33024

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...uppy-down.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
I don't know if this would apply for you, but it has been kicked around before. Check out thread " Slow this puppy down".
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:28 AM   #6
anthonywebb
Not Yet Wild

You guys nailed it, that post is exactly what I was looking for. I'm going to do the hidden magnetic switch thing, my kids will forever think I am magic
Old 09-01-2014, 07:00 AM   #7
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What cart do you have? The magnetic switch mod won't work on all TXT's that I know of.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Another option if your are planning on buying a controller and it is PDS is the Curtis 1268. It has 2 programming modes flipped by a toggle switch. We put one in the boke rebuild and it did take some tweaking but works well now. 17mph in low and 26 in high plus the ability to change field mappings in the different modes so more torque in low with more speed in high. But to make changes you need the programmer...
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #9
anthonywebb
Not Yet Wild

@SC I have a 1988 EZGO Marathon. I am working with ScottyB to get it converted over to something more modern.

@KGSC, that is a real great feature of that controller. I cant believe that more controllers out there dont have the feature. You think it would work with my cart? I have been looking at the Alltrax SPM-48400EZ controller, but am open to whatever.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:11 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The 1268 is a sepex controller and you are looking at series controllers. If you are swapping everything it could work but you would need a programmer to tweak it to get it right.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO