lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #1
Scottieezgo
Not Yet Wild

Default Power and ground question

Hello, I just recived a 1990 electric cart that had been sitting for 10 years, just wanted to know whats suppose to have power and what has ground? I have controller, solenoid, and 2 other switches which i did ohm out and seem to be working proporlly, as do the fwd and rev swiches,throttle switch at end of rod that dosnt have power anywhere? I'm assuming this needs power to activate solenoid? Also looks like someone bypassed key switch? Basically just want to know what is the power path, do fwd and rev switch have constant power? Am I missing something? Motor dose work, if I jump solenoid the motor dose have 36v to terminal and if I ground one terminal motor spins,

Thanks scott
Scottieezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Power and ground question

What you call ground is actually called B- (battery negative) in golf cart carts. Nothing is tied to the metal chassis. Are the batteries charged? Sitting ten years would normally ruin a set of batteries. Need more information on the exact model of ezgo cart you have. Be careful what you jumper. To get started once you ID cart you will be asked to make some voltage measurements and these will need to be made with the negative meter probe on B- or battery negative.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #3
sunking
Gone Wild

Default Re: Power and ground question

No such thing as ground on golf cart and EV's as that would be extremely dangerous and will start a fire. There is is only two non grounders conductor circuits, Positive polarity and Negative polarity. Neither of which are bonded to the frame.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO