lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #11
mdc
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 06 gas club car turns over (sometimes)

Let me know what your starting problem was. I'm curious. Thanks again.

Markus
mdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2018, 08:42 PM   #12
unknwn
Getting Wild

I experienced "wouldn't turn over" reliability the other day with my '06 Turf1 -350- , it was working the day before, and I dismissed the battery initially since I'd been traveling around more than -just- stop & start usage.
It took battery charging just enough to get it out of the shed onto the patio for a maintenance session, where I put the charger back on.
It pegged the amp meter (-10amp) on the charger, and after a couple hours (the charger signaled "full charge") all has been well for more than a week of "stop&go" -so far-.
I think that the batteries on these things rarely get completely charged, and after extended usage just end up with a flat or marginally charged battery.
unknwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:53 PM   #13
HookUpsCustoms
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknwn View Post
I experienced "wouldn't turn over" reliability the other day with my '06 Turf1 -350- , it was working the day before, and I dismissed the battery initially since I'd been traveling around more than -just- stop & start usage.
It took battery charging just enough to get it out of the shed onto the patio for a maintenance session, where I put the charger back on.
It pegged the amp meter (-10amp) on the charger, and after a couple hours (the charger signaled "full charge") all has been well for more than a week of "stop&go" -so far-.
I think that the batteries on these things rarely get completely charged, and after extended usage just end up with a flat or marginally charged battery.
I've run into this 2 or 3 times where the problem was within the starter generator. For the minimal cost that it is, change out the brushes in it. They're commonly available for under $20. The 1st time was on my own cart & the brushes helped for awhile but the armature inside was so worn that there was a groove in it & at that point it's pretty much trash.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
HookUpsCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #14
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Mine did the same thing until I puta new battery in it. I was shocked how it starts at the top of pedal now every time instead of the feathering up and down of the gas pedal. I will definitely be buying a tender
zingerbateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car