lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Default no spark and out of ideas

working on a 96 ezgo txt and i have no spark. the owner said he had to replace the coil about a year ago. i said ok ill get another coil on there, well the new coil didnt fix it. ok next up is the ignitor (ive done hours of searching and reading on here so that seemed like my next problem area) well that didnt do it either.. i tested out the pulsar coil and its tesing ok on the ohm meter, so the last part has to be the voltage regulator right! yep put a new on of those on as well and still have nothing. what am i missing here guys? any help would be GREATFUL. thanks

CustomGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2017, 12:15 PM   #2
LAZYK
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: no spark and out of ideas

Are you sure you have no spark? Test for spark by removing the spark plug wire from the spark plug, insert an insulated screwdriver into the end of the spark plug wire and hold it slightly off of ground and crank the engine. Look for a blue arc.
I ask this, because I had the same situation when I was testing for spark by leaving the spark plug attached to the spark plug wire and sitting on ground. No visible spark between the two electrodes.
The spark plug had a broken insulator and was grounding internally. New spark plug solved the problem.
LAZYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:59 PM   #3
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZYK View Post
Are you sure you have no spark? Test for spark by removing the spark plug wire from the spark plug, insert an insulated screwdriver into the end of the spark plug wire and hold it slightly off of ground and crank the engine. Look for a blue arc.
I ask this, because I had the same situation when I was testing for spark by leaving the spark plug attached to the spark plug wire and sitting on ground. No visible spark between the two electrodes.
The spark plug had a broken insulator and was grounding internally. New spark plug solved the problem.
yea ive tested it this way and with new plugs/original plugs
Old 04-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #4
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

anybody?
Old 04-25-2017, 07:28 PM   #5
olevet
Not Yet Wild

I have spark. No power, Great compression, clean fuel. Im going to get a new battery tomorrow!Ive also tried every thing else
olevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:37 PM   #6
wthompson912
Getting Wild
Club Car

check grounds from battery to frame to engine and where they attach near the solenoid and ignitor. Make sure they are all tight and clean metal. Also check the molex plug from ignitor. seen these bad grounds cause no spark many times.
wthompson912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:45 AM   #7
LAZYK
Not Yet Wild

Yes, a volt meter and an ohm meter are now your best friends.
LAZYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #8
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZYK View Post
Yes, a volt meter and an ohm meter are now your best friends.
i use a volt meter everyday here at the mechanic shop its been my best friend for years.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #9
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthompson912 View Post
check grounds from battery to frame to engine and where they attach near the solenoid and ignitor. Make sure they are all tight and clean metal. Also check the molex plug from ignitor. seen these bad grounds cause no spark many times.
i already did but ill double check, this seems about the only thing left i can think of being the problem
Old 04-27-2017, 09:48 AM   #10
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

anybody have any other ideas i can look into?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO