lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2019, 04:33 PM   #1
Anopsis
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Confused about nut sizes on 03 TXT

The brakes are crap so I decided to pull the wheels and replace. I found the existing shoes have plenty of material but are glazed like crazy so putting new ones on. Anyway:

I had read that the lug nuts required a 3/4" socket. I bought my cart with aftermarket wheels, but I figured the nuts would be the same size. Turns out I needed a 13/16" to take them off.

Then, as I've watched a couple of videos on the brake swap, they say the castle nut requires a 15/16" socket. Again, not for me - mine required a 1-1/8" socket.

What am I missing? Why would my cart not seem to match the 'standard' I've seen?

Thanks all.
Anopsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2019, 05:45 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Confused about nut sizes on 03 TXT

Some earlier EZGOs used the 15/16" on a smaller splined hub & axle shaft. Your '03 is correct to use the 1-1/8" nut on the slightly larger splined set up. Your aftermarket wheels came with aftermarket lug nuts. 1/2" x 20 thread lug nuts are available in either 3/4" or 13/16" hex & yours just happen to be the 13/16".
Over time you will also find that "chassis" parts will use S.A.E. sized hardware while engine parts (made by Kawasaki) will use metric - just like a 1980's American car.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:19 PM   #3
Anopsis
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Confused about nut sizes on 03 TXT

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Anopsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO