lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #1
1moproject
Not Yet Wild

Default Will a Club Car top fit an EZ-GO?

I have a 2000 TXT and have not been able to find a used top locally. I have however found one from a CC Precedent and am wondering if it is workable enough to make the 2 hour drive to get it. My cart does not have any of the top hardware, so I would try to use the CC struts as well. I can cut and weld if necessary.
1moproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2019, 07:34 PM   #2
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Default Re: Will a Club Car top fit an EZ-GO?

Welcome !.
If you have welding access, it shouldn’t be too big of a project. Might start a new trend . . .
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:34 AM   #3
1moproject
Not Yet Wild

Thanks- I just wondered how similar the measurements were and whether I should grab it and spend a bunch of time modifying or wait and hope to find an EZ GO. It’s funny that in this area most of the carts seem to be CC. Figures.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:58 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Funny, around here it's 90% ez-go with a few CC or a very occasional Yamaha. But I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, there are 2 golf cart dealers here and both are ez-go dealers.

a precedent top and struts are similar to an ez-go. I would think they should be pretty close right out of the box. I'm sure there would be some tweaking and bending probably necessary, and the original mounting holes probably won't line up but anything can be made to fit with a little work.

Only thing to keep an eye out for that may throw a wrench in things, is welding may be difficult if the precedent struts are aluminum. I know the DS is aluminum, but not sure about precedent.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I would put an EZGO on it. Had a few in my shop that people tried to make another top work that looks like crap. Don't mean it can't be done but I am not doing it. I like OEM
What part of the US do you live in ? there are none around here but I do know where there are used EZGO tops for $40. He won't ship and its too far for me to drive to save any money. I need one myself right now I might just have to make a road trip soon and buy 4 or 5 :)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:21 AM   #6
dale817
Not Yet Wild

There's a guy on here by the name brq007 that sells parts, i bought a top from him for my txt. Hes a good guy to deal with. Not sure where your located, he's in middle tn. Might try to send him a pm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
dale817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #7
1moproject
Not Yet Wild

I’m in Virginia near Richmond. Would love to find an oem top.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #8
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

These $40 tops are too far from you. Close to 6 hours away and he won't ship them. Keep looking in your area. One will show up.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #9
1moproject
Not Yet Wild

Ah that figures. I’ll keep looking. Plenty to do to this old cart still.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO