lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2020, 01:15 PM   #1
markalpan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default HELP! Starter/Generator on Gas EZGO

On my 2011 gas EZGO TXT I just started noticing this year an issue possibly related to the starter.

When I depress the accelerator the starter makes a whining noise like it wants to spin but just won't turn. If I press and release the pedal several times it eventually starts up and takes off. The belt is nice and tight by the way so the pully isn't slipping. I was wondering if this is a simple issue of needing new brushes? I took the rubber cover off to get a look at them. The one I could see looked like is was up near the top of the brush guide but the inside was covered with carbon/brush residue.

Also after not driving it for about 24 hours I checked on the starting today and I only depressed the pedal for a few seconds and the belt pulley bolt got extremely hot to the touch.

Any help with figuring this out would be appreciated. I just hope it's not needing an entire new starter/generator.
markalpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: HELP! Starter/Generator on Gas EZGO

Some of the early Kawasaki motors used a larger silver gold pulley that had issues with not having enough torque to get that single cylinder running. They went to a smaller black pulley to help with that. What color is yours?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:49 PM   #3
markalpan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Mine has the smaller black pulley.
markalpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:53 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Okay that is the amd starter so the good one. Make sure the belt isn’t too tight and your grounds are good.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 04:21 PM   #5
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

That high pitched whine is the sound of high resistance. It's most likely from poor battery connections.

As kgsc said, clean all of your grounds, and connections. When mine did this, I found that it was hidden corrosion in the positive battery cable.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO