lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2020, 04:11 PM   #1
dhanks89
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Exclamation 92 marathon - 295 robin motor

Hey guys and gals... I acquired a 92 ezgo 4 cycle 2 cylinder with the 295 robin motor.

Was told by the prev owner it was running until he got shredded the plastic flywheel - I’ve since replaced it, I think I’ve got all the wires connected back to where they went - I’ve put in a new battery, but I can’t get the ignition switch to crank anything...

I’m stumped on this and wiring diagram isn’t helping me much anymore. I’ve used it to wire things up to what appears the correct place I’ve taken pics let’s see if they upload
dhanks89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2020, 06:01 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 92 marathon - 295 robin motor

I see a lot of corroded connections on the solenoid. The main lugs, and the small ground wire going to the solenoid mount.

Why is there a bare spot on that red wire coming from the key switch?
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:12 PM   #3
dhanks89
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 92 marathon - 295 robin motor

Solenoid is getting power, but I can’t even get the key switch to ohm out when turned.

This cart would crank when the gas pedal is pressed right? The key doesn’t crank the motor right?? If so, I’m wondering if the ignition and limit switches aren’t wired correctly.

The red wire with the bare spot is a temp connection to be able to test - I will have an end connector on it when it’s said and done.
dhanks89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO