lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2020, 05:06 PM   #1
YamahaCRN35
Gone Wild

Default Crank sensor

2015 Yamaha drive
Anybody know the ohm range for an efi crank sensor?
I’ve got a 1-2 fault code and no start
YamahaCRN35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2023, 01:51 PM   #2
jcaywood
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Crank sensor

I have the exact same problem did you get any feedback?
jcaywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 07:40 AM   #3
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I had the exact same problem on one of our 2013's. My cart quit running and it flashed the same code. I tried trouble shooting and couldn't get any particular specific ohm values. I just know the ECM doesn't see the sensor. The sensor I had is no longer made so I had to purchase a new sensor with a new matching flywheel. Something to do with the length and width of the raised portions of the flywheel.

I'm in the process now of trying to remove the old flywheel but working in the limited confines I can only use a small wheel puller. Good luck and if you find out anything good let me know.
DonH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 11:19 AM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I had the exact same problem on one of our 2013's. My cart quit running and it flashed the same code. I tried trouble shooting and couldn't get any particular specific ohm values. I just know the ECM doesn't see the sensor. The sensor I had is no longer made so I had to purchase a new sensor with a new matching flywheel. Something to do with the length and width of the raised portions of the flywheel.

I'm in the process now of trying to remove the old flywheel but working in the limited confines I can only use a small wheel puller. Good luck and if you find out anything good let me know.
Pull the motor out....20 minutes maybe and 15 seconds to get the flywheel off.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 11:43 AM   #5
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Thanks. I was trying to avoid engine removal but I'll take another look at it before sending the cart to a garage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2023, 01:58 PM   #6
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Well. I'm going to give it a go to remove the engine since I went this far. I can't believe for being a tapered shaft it won't pull loose yet.

Old 09-17-2023, 02:10 PM   #7
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

When I had problems with snowmobile clutch's I would leave the puller on overnight and rap on the end, it usually worked.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 08:06 PM   #8
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I'll try that tomorrow. I was able to remove the engine and place it on a bench. I spayed more Aero-Croil. I'll try what you suggested and research finding a loaner flywheel puller of adequate size.

Old 09-23-2023, 09:07 AM   #9
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
When I had problems with snowmobile clutch's I would leave the puller on overnight and rap on the end, it usually worked.
So far I haven't got it to budge. I made and adapter out of two electrical 3 and 1/2 inch plates attached with three screws for my wheel puller to pull the flywheel. I left pressure on it last night. After today if I can't get it loose I'll have to concede and bring it to a dealer. I cannot find any set screws holding the **** thing and by looking at the new flywheel it's tapered to come loose?
I'm also using Aero-Croil which I used to use in my past hvac work.
Old 09-29-2023, 12:53 PM   #10
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

With the proper wheel puller I had to buy I did manage to pull the old flywheel yesterday examined the seal then installed the new flywheel and new crank sensor. While I have it out I need to trace the oil sensor wire back to a connector. The sensor wire pulled loose in what looks like a butt connector just inside the case. I hope I did not break it.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha