lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #11
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: A8620 Died

Do some research on site for change over advise. many posts and pictures to help if you go that way.
You would be looking at longer runs between charging and possibly more speed and power? Also then you would be ready for powering up to 48 volts if your solid state controller is correct. The changes would be to add 2 batterys and a different solenoid and most of all a 48 volt charger.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #12
Wildfire-Red
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It looks like Alltrex and Curtis are the major suppliers of the Controllers. Sure seems to be a big price difference between the two. Is the quality that much different? The Curtis PB6 seems to be the standard install for buggies.
Wildfire-Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #13
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Its all up to personal taste and funds but my personal opinion is its impossible to beat a Alltrax controller. I look at controllers that come factory equipped as borderline quality parts? This is also true of many other parts used on auto's and carts etc. BEWARE of any parts made in CHINA as quality and performance doesn't go along with cheaper price. I have seen an increase in (factory cart parts) coming with NO NAME Chinese parts inside them? Has the GREED FACTOR gotten even to them already, or is some one changing boxes???
I know that there are those out there that think different, but its still a free country and I can say what I like or dont like YET??
Old 07-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #14
Wildfire-Red
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sound like our friend ETex-Bill, he has a place NW of Tyler. I'm afraid you are right about the greed part. Just have to look around northern ohio auto plant parking lots to see where that got us. I still follow this advice from my late father. "If you can't afford the best, save till you can, or you will regret it on down the road".

I will keep researching the forum and print all the picturs and diagrams I can find. Thanks for your sage advice.

WFR
Wildfire-Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #15
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

You are very welcome, thats what the forum is about.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #16
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire-Red View Post
Fishing Dude, it was the master solenoid. When I tried to remove it the large front terminal snapped off exposing the burnt plaskolite inside. I am going to take scottyb's advice in another post and replace all 5. Know of any suppliers that offer quantity discounts?

i swear everything I touch is so rusty or corroded it snaps off in my hand. ****, now I need a mirco switch and 11.5" connector bar. Even the hold down rods are half eaten away on their tops.

Oh well, I start on-call tomorrow so cannot leave Columbus for PC for two wweks. Plenty of time to order goodies and get them delivered.

WFR
Try National Golf Car up on oak street in the North End of Columbus. They have all parts good prices.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car