lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #11
pjshane
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
#1 = Red = +12
#2 = Black = -12
#3 = Green = +48
#4 = Blue = -48

Dip# 1,2 OFF
Dip# 3,4,5 ON Which means that you'll be using a common ground on #2 & #4 the Black & Blue Leads

So by looking at what you typed above you have it wired right. Try pushing down #3 Dip and see if it shows the decimal point, it should be on but I actually mean push the Pin down into the red case. One of mine was defective that way and would only come on when I did that.
YUP! That is totally weird that my #3 dip is defective exactly the same way even though we probably purchased the meters a year apart. That #3 doesn't snap into "on" the way the other dips do.

I've sent email to the eBay vendor and will see what he has to say. In the meanwhile as advised, I also wired a toggle switch into the power leg so I won't be so annoyed by the zeros until the probem is resolved. tnx/pjs
pjshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #12
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshane View Post
YUP! That is totally weird that my #3 dip is defective exactly the same way even though we probably purchased the meters a year apart. That #3 doesn't snap into "on" the way the other dips do.

I've sent email to the eBay vendor and will see what he has to say. tnx/pjs
Actually my meter with the bad #3 was just purchased and then returned by me this past week. I exchanged emails with Mr. Wong who said my replacement should be in the mail. That means either this Monday or Tuesday. So both of ours came from the same batch!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #13
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Actually my meter with the bad #3 was just purchased and then returned by me this past week. I exchanged emails with Mr. Wong who said my replacement should be in the mail. That means either this Monday or Tuesday. So both of ours came from the same batch!
Just an update on the Digital meters discussed here. I've purchased 3 so far and now all 3 have had issues, the last two having the Dip Switch's not working properly. I have also sent back one of them and so far have not received the replacement. The seller has had the defective unit since the 27th of June and promised that he sent out the replacement on the 30th. The other 3 took only 3 days maximum to reach me and the seller isn't responding to my emails on this. So at this time I cannot recommend ColdFusionX as a vendor to purchase from on eBay for these types of meters. There are other vendors out there carrying the same product.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #14
pjshane
Getting Wild

Club Car

I also received this meter and the #3 dip switch seems to be loose and and the intended decimal point does not display, but, my main problem is that the pack voltage is shown as 000. I am fairly sure I have it wired correctly.

Wong asked that I send the meter back, $2.20 postage, and he will replace it which seems fair enough. He may have received a bad batch. We'll see.
pjshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:21 PM   #15
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshane View Post
I also received this meter and the #3 dip switch seems to be loose and and the intended decimal point does not display, but, my main problem is that the pack voltage is shown as 000. I am fairly sure I have it wired correctly.

Wong asked that I send the meter back, $2.20 postage, and he will replace it which seems fair enough. He may have received a bad batch. We'll see.
This is the email I got from Wong on the 30th. Still no meter and still no email responses after this one!

Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:44 PM
To: TK411
Cc: attention@actionbuy.com
Subject: RE: Digital Meter return shipping information

No problem. If we haven't sent yet, I'll make sure they will do it this afternoon

Thx
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car