lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2009, 08:40 AM   #1
gadawgsfan
Not Yet Wild

Default Culb Car problem on take off

Hello everyone,
I am new to posting, been reading for some time
I have been lurking and learning here for several months.
Here is the problem
I have a 1992 club car 36 v,i bought after a couple weeks of owning this cart, i get on it and press the peddle and it almost jerked my head off, i started reading other post and decided that the solenoid was bad, so i got a new one, it fixed the problem (so i thought).
a couple days goes by i pull the charger off and ride around for about 5 minutes stop for a few get back on and there goes my head about got jerked off again.
It does it in forward and reverse, to my knowledge ther is only one solenoid, i was looking for others ones because of other post i have read and could only find one, not sure if this one i installed was bad or did something make it go bad in the charging system, they would not take it back or exchange it.
i have checked the batterys with a volt meter it had the correct voltage from what i have read on here, i dont remember what that was off hand.
the side of the cart says has a sticker that say something about 48 but the motor says 36v

thanks for any help
gadawgsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Culb Car problem on take off

If it is a 1992 by serial # (A92blahblahblah) then it is a 36v cart with a later model sticker or body on it. It would be a single solenoid mounted front & center... and a V-glide speed control. This is a pie shaped black box bolted to the frame under the seat.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
gadawgsfan
Not Yet Wild

yes the the solenoid i replaced, if you lift the seat it is hanging by a bracket up top sorta center closer to passenger side, i do think the speed control is mounted in front of the compartment to the frame, what is causing my problems?
Old 12-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is rare to hear this complaint from the owner of a V-glide and resistor cart.
Maybe the first resistor (furthest from the passenger side) has a break in it ? What you are describing sounds like you are starting out in second gear. I don't think the solenoid had anything to do with this? DO you see the row of resistor coils behind the batteries? Let them COOL and check them for breaks or loose mounting or cable connection.... particularly on the driver's side of the bunch....
Old 12-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #5
gadawgsfan
Not Yet Wild

i went and looked, i do not see any resistor coils, i may be looking in the wrong place.
i appoligize it may be a 1993 after looking because the serial number starts with A9307 also the sticker on the side says power drive system 48.
dont know if this helps.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Do the batteries have 4 holes in each?
Old 12-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #7
gadawgsfan
Not Yet Wild

if you are talking about the holes where you fill them on top of the batteries, it only has 3 of them. the batteries have 6 volt 110 amp printed on them.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:39 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

3 holes are 6v batteries ....... a 36 volt pack. Can you find any components of the speed control system? Is there a V-glide as I described and Is there a speed controller mounted behind the seat and battery area?
Can you post pics of solenoid and battery bay? The charger?
Old 12-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #9
gadawgsfan
Not Yet Wild

it has the box mounted to the frame, i took it apart and it has some copper looking contacts with a linkage arm that slides across them, it also has a alumminum looking box that looks like a amplifier mounted under the body and above the motor and batteries.
i am about to leave and go pick up some things, if i dont the other half is going to torch this cart its been driving me crazy trying to fix it and i have been driving her crazy trying to fix it, ill be gone for several hours, when i get back i will try to take some pics and post them
Old 12-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We are starting to get the idea of what you have .... 36v controller cart with a v-glide speed control factory converted to a potentiometer..... my guess right now is the first speed resistor on the Vglide is bad? With a digital voltmeter you can trouble shoot the output to see if it is correct to the controller (amplifier looking thing)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car