lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #11
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR WOT Voltage/Low speed shutter/Speeds..

No you can recharge with as little as 15-30 min run time , thay may start creeping up a
little !
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2010, 01:44 AM   #12
Boomers417
Not Yet Wild

As I wait for the hydrometer I decided to try the MCOR voltage test again with a new Ideal multimeter from HD. I set it on DCV on 20 and got -9.12V at full throttle. Is that right??? I put the black end of the multimeter on the negative side of battery #4 and the positive end on the yellow wire right before the 3 pin connector at the MCOR. Does my reading sound right? Other posts stated the voltage should be around 7.75. Not sure about the negative/minus either?

Also the low speed shuttering has gone completely away a couple days ago. This is the first time the cart has been getting any drive time for 1.5 years. Hopefully they come back.

After a ride today and then subsequent charge my pack read 51.7V a couple hours after charge.

I also tried this: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ars-mcors.html and the MCOR seemed to click after pressing the throttle down 1" as compared to the 2" depressing before. However I had to undo this mod as it started (in my opinion) fooling the MCOR and making it think the throttle was open a little upon arming arming and then subsequently shutting the throttle down as a safety mechanism. The override for this was to turn off power at the key and apply back pressure on the throttle pedal with one hand and turning key on with the other. That would get me going forward again until I let off throttle.

The adapter or mechanism that the nub attaches to in the above thread picture has a lot of play. In fact the whole throttle and brake linkage seems messed up to me. I am hoping the batteries and the MCOR are ok
so my problems are isolated to the throttle linkage. The linkage really looks like a cluster and I dont even know where to start?

Hey Scotty are you in the Riverside area by any chance? Is that your shop in your sig link?

Thanks again guys
Boomers417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm in Temecula, where are you?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #14
Boomers417
Not Yet Wild

Default UPDATE!!! Re: MCOR WOT Voltage/Low speed shutter/Speeds..

Results are taken approximately 1.5-2.5 hours after a short charge after a short 10 minute ride.

Results:

Pack 52.1V

Battery #1 = 8.69V, 12.75, 12.76, 13.00, 12.95
Battery #2 = 8.69V, 12.75, 12.65, 12.75, 12.75
Battery #3 = 8.70V, 12.75, 12.65, 12.75, 12.90
Battery #4 = 8.70V, 12.70, 12.77, 12.80, 12.95
Battery #5 = 8.68V, 12.85, 12.95, 12.85, 13.00
Battery #6 = 8.67V, 12.85,12.70, 12.67, 12.70

All batteries checked well into the green for the SG tests. I think I have good batteries here? That would narrow my problems down to my throttle linkage and MCOR. I think....
Old 01-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

These readings a re TOO healthy. 1.277 is 100%. You have taken these readings too soon after charging. The batteries need to settle for an hour or more after charging to get good readings.... How long ar far does the cart run for before reaching the 50% recharge voltage mark?
Old 01-13-2010, 09:00 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomers417 View Post
Hi Scotty I was kinda hoping you would chime in.
After all the reading I have done here I should have put the #1 most requested battery info in the thread. Because you never know who is trying to fix a cart with 10 year old batteries!

Date code X14-G8 so Im guessing july 08 or 1.5 old. Currently 50.8V and doing good. However these batteries were bought new at indicated time and sat for that year and a half until I got them recently and I have not used cart much due to all the modding.

SG readings?
Lead acid batteries can not take this treatment without compromise
Old 01-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #17
Boomers417
Not Yet Wild

Scotty,

Ok I will test again in another hour or so to give it plenty of time after charge. The thing is I dont know when exactly when the charger cuts off so I am guessing how long. Should I retest in several hours or tomorrow?

I dont know exactly the history of the batteries for the 1-1.5 years they sat. He might have left the charger plugged in which would be a battery saver right?

Ill post back later with updated SG results.

It should be noted the forward throttle doesnt work unless I turn the key off and apply backwards pressure (towards me) to the throttle pedal and then turn on. then the forward throttle actuates until I completely let off the throttle again. linkage or mcor or both?? When I was taking the rubber mat off I might have abused the pedals a bit??

I also dont know how long a run to the 50% mark. I can try that its just difficult due to the throttle actuation problem...

Thanks for the help!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Honestly Boomer, these carts are not the best throttle linkage setup or electronics. The performance is not the best either.... Your batteries are suspect just because they have endured a long period of inactivity. New ones may not be a whole lot better, speed wise but, better on longevity. Hope this helps
Old 01-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #19
Boomers417
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help Scotty!
i just re checked my MCOR and it is giving me a good read at 7.49V @ WOT. i know the linkage is out of whack now. I got to figure that out next I suppose. I am starting to think it is wishful thinking that my batteries are ok. They may test ok but they have likely been dumbed down a bit...
Back to linkage 101 for now I guess...

Thanks for all the help!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A load test is the true test. Not may can load test 8v batteries but, that is essentiually what you do when you hit a hill Can you connect the meter to the pack and get some readings from fully charged and 1 hr rested ( settled Time) to the hill climbing voltage?

Tags
mcor, shuttering, speeds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car