lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2010, 07:07 AM   #21
ajbrown
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery Questions

sunking, you had me right up until the last line
ajbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #22
sunking
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
sunking, you had me right up until the last line
What last line in what post? The $2400 line? If so yeah that suks.

I think someday Lithium battery chemistry will come down enough to be competitive, but as of now that has not happened. Only way I can see it is competition racing with a sponsor with deep pockets, or a friend who has more money than they can spend.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #23
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunking View Post
Oh yeah price suks, it set him back $2400 for the battery plus another $500 for the charger.

For $3000.00 for a pack of batteries, those things better be able to shine my shoes, wipe my nose, and play all of my favorite songs via voice activated signals.

I think I'll have to stick to the LA batteries and just by the 6 sets, one at the time as they wear out, with that $3000.00/set.

I don't think I would have my cart, or live long enough to justify paying that much for some batteries. It does sound good though on someone else's dime.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #24
sunking
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post

For $3000.00 for a pack of batteries, those things better be able to shine my shoes, wipe my nose, and play all of my favorite songs via voice activated signals.
Well I agree, but in the long run it may pay off, only time will tell. LFP should last 3000 cycles if the claims are accurate. Unfortunately no one knows for sure yet.

I really hope and think a manufacture will make a break through in battery tech in 5 years or less. It is desperately needed to make EV's a mainstream market. Unfortunate it will probable be a Chinese company that does it at a price point most can afford. However there is a ton of private money being poured into it. First one to develop a battery owns the world.

One point to remember is with LFP you do not need to match AH to AH to get the same run time. As a rule of thumb for every 100 AH for a FLA battery you only need 25 to 30 AH for a LFP. So if we are talking Trojan T-105 at 225 AH you only need 56 to 65 AH for LFP. At today's prices I think that would be under $1800 and last 10 years. It is getting close to economically justified in the long term. Some might be willing to dish out the extra cash for the performance boost of lighter weight and higher current loads LFP brings to the table. Not too mention lower maintenance requirements.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car