lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #21
Trueheart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: electric club car 1987 - electrical issue

Thanks Tom, I did that, cause I don't like fireworks in my mush either. Cheers! And yes, I will post results. Got some things to do this week, but I'll get back. Thanks for everything, all of you guys!
Trueheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #22
Trueheart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Replaced all 5 noids with new. I now get 4 distinct speeds/gears, which is a change. Still not the power I am looking for going uphill, but that is probably related to my batteries getting "long in the tooth". New noids are an improvement, no doubt. I will now have to evaluate when I want to change out the batteries, and which ones to get?
Comments on that?

I appreciate the help.

Steve

PS. Noids cost $19.49 each.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you can afford good batts, thats the way to go but only you what the wallet can dish out........no matter what brand you buy you must break them in right and after that you must keep them maintained even more important if you go with cheaper batts, is maintence................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #24
Trueheart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I happened to bump into a golf cart tech today at a garage sale I was participating in. Had him take a look at the batteries (Trojan 105's) in my cart. He called em vintage 1996!!! Last ones made with taller posts? Couldn't believe they were that old. He said he has never changed out a set that was older than 10-11 years, so that was a record for him, seeing 14 year old batts. No wonder they need replacing.

BTW, he quoted me on a six pack replacement. T-105's @ $853 and Interstate at $795, both of these numbers before sales tax. I've seen the T-105's as low as $127 a unit, so I think he's almost $100 high. Prices didn't include swapping em out ... that was another $70 for something I can do myself.

Just FYI

Steve
Old 06-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #25
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok I have no idea if prices are that out of wack, but here in Florida, a set of 6 volt Interstate batteries will run you $594 installed so in my opinion he's about $200 too high.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car