lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #11
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2pg vs 3pg

You have to drill out 4 rivets on each mount and it's a tight fit to get a standard drill and bit in there (to say the least) - an angle drill makes it a fast easy job :)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #12
sockethead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Maybe the moderators could add this to the EZGO gas tech?

Really good info with the years of changes and what those changes are... I will be referencing when I buy another cart
sockethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:10 PM   #13
Chuckaz
Not Yet Wild

I have a 90 EZGO that should have a 3pg, but everything I have read about 3pg says the spark plug is on the top, center of the cylinder head. The spark plug on mine is at an angle on the drivers side of the cylinder head. Can anyone help me out? I,d like to make sure i get the right parts to have on hand if I need a rebuild, the engine runs fine now.

Thanks!
Chuckaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:52 PM   #14
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

The 3pg engine has the spark plug turned upward, and the whole engine is rotated such that both clutches face the driver side of the golf cart. 1988 was the last full year of the 2pg engine.
In mid-year 1989, (early '89 models had the 2pg engine) E-Z-GO changed to the '3pg' engine, leaving the old 2pg to history. At that same time period the good old 4-stroke was in the oven :) getting ready to roll out.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO