lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
Fishman7
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking to buy a cart

ive made my mind up as to brand CC.
im looking for a newer model year 07-09 and have about 2000.00 before any mods is this possible or am i too far off ?

also looking at the Jake's 6" kit 10" wheels with off road tires
would like black but i may have to paint it unless i get lucky

im in south florida if that helps
Fishman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Looking to buy a cart

Some dealers are unloading CC cheap because of economy and "One thing", be sure it DOES NOT HAVE 12 volt batterys as CC has gone back to 8 volt batterys because of short runs and battery life? Cost to change over runs about $450. plus batterys???
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Fishman7
Not Yet Wild

can anybody tell me what came standard in a 2008 CC DS as for batteries
4- 12 v or should it have been 6 8 V ???
i went to look at one today its like new but it has 4 -12V they want 2500.00 very clean Cart
Old 11-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Its your choice of course but remember that CC has dropped 12 volt and are now only putting out carts with 8 volts? Around my area a 12 volt cart was selling for $1000-$1800 less than 8 volt carts because of conversion costs.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
Fishman7
Not Yet Wild

i was very into this cart until i lifted the seat and saw the 4 12V the cart is super clean but i just dont know about the 12V set up
now im back to looking for another cart still leaning to the DS body but want the 8V batts
Old 11-23-2010, 09:05 PM   #6
jonitza
Not Yet Wild

I have a cc precedent with 07 betteries with the 4 12v system with a PQ purple motor and have never had any trouble. We use it around the hood and to hold my beer going to the pool in the summer. I have no regrets with the 4 12v system. The batteries are still going strong and only charge it once a week. Old Mec is the man and always offers the best advise..but from my experiece I would not let the 4 12 stop me from buying another precedent.
jonitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #7
Fishman7
Not Yet Wild

the cart im looking at and considering buying is a DS 4- 12V its a 2008 model like new super clean for 2500.00

ive just read the 8v is a better set up would you think this to be a deal Breaker ???

do the presidents only have the ability for 4 12V ?
Old 11-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman7 View Post
the cart im looking at and considering buying is a DS 4- 12V its a 2008 model like new super clean for 2500.00

ive just read the 8v is a better set up would you think this to be a deal Breaker ???

do the presidents only have the ability for 4 12V ?
OK, I'm confused.. They built a DS model with 4 X 12vts in it? I thought the DS's were all 6 X 8vts.. Learn something new everyday..

Fishman, my 2 cents, as quoted, I have never seen a DS with the 12s but I think it would be cheaper to change a DS back to 8s than a Pres. Less modifications. Are the batteries the black tops ? I have heard they are the ones with issues but again I know many people with them that have had none.. Go figure..

Again, welcome to the madness
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:06 PM   #9
Fishman7
Not Yet Wild

i thought the same i actually went to write the check for the DS and when i looked under the seat i saw the 4 batt's and scratched my head like WTF happened to the other 2 batts ?????

by the ser # its a 2008 i was careful to look at the battery area it doesnt look like anything has been changed so i would assume its a stock set up with the 4-12V

im more partial to the DS than the President but i could be swayed im so on the fence righ t now

2500 for a DS i get to mod it
2000 President i get to mod it
3500 for a fully modded President

Last edited by Fishman7; 11-23-2010 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: ,
Old 11-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Wouldn't do anything rash yet, wait a little and one of the cc gurus will jump in. Its your choice as a DS or Pres but both can be made into just about anything you would like.. Was chasing a Pres last weekend with 6 12s in it. Only reason I caught him is because someone got in the way..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car