lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2010, 11:35 PM   #11
Fishman7
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Looking to buy a cart

what was the last year they used 6 - 8V batts in the 48v carts ? before they switched to the 4 12v's ? what year did they go to 6 8vs again maybe i need to look for another year
i do plan on customizing it so even if its a bit older things are going to get fixed up ?????
Fishman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2010, 07:09 AM   #12
2frank
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

X2 and I would not let the 4 12 stop me either.........and probably later the converson on the precedent to 6 8's is going to get more cost effective if you decide to go that way...Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonitza View Post
I have a cc precedent with 07 betteries with the 4 12v system with a PQ purple motor and have never had any trouble. We use it around the hood and to hold my beer going to the pool in the summer. I have no regrets with the 4 12v system. The batteries are still going strong and only charge it once a week. Old Mec is the man and always offers the best advise..but from my experiece I would not let the 4 12 stop me from buying another precedent.
2frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #13
Cinrock
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

4 12's here. It's like anything else. If depends on your use. We use ours in the neighborhood, Myrtle Beach, Ft Wilderness camping. All on road cruising.

The cart originally came with black Trojans which I understand were not the best. Switched them to brand new ones 3 yrs ago and never looked back.

I maintain them (visual inspection bi-weekly) and top off/clean as needed. The cart has plenty of power and has never stranded me.

Are 6 8 volt batteries better? I'm sure they are but 4 12's have served us well.
Cinrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #14
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok, I have an 08 CC Precedent with 4 12v batteries, 6' lift kit, 12' wheel /22' tires, purple motor, 2 ga cables. The car runs super tight, like a dream. 26mph, top spead. No problem at all with 4 12 volt batteries. Less maintenance, cheaper cost to replace them. Original batteries 2007's going on to 4 years now and are like new? I wouldnt change my 08 for nothing else. $2000 for an 08 or 09 will be difficult to find but anything is possible. You are looking at $2500-$3500. Would I recommend it, the answer would be a big, YES!! What would you like to know?
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:58 PM   #15
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here are a couple of pics of a Precedent 08

IMG00193-20101010-1601.jpg
[ATTACH]40447[/ATTACH
cc rear quarter view.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00703-20101007-1119.jpg (117.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #16
Fishman7
Not Yet Wild

Nice i like the color and wheels !! close to what im wanting as a end result
whats the deal with the purple motor ?

just found 08 Precedent for 2100.00 plus tax
dealer will let me pick from the best and swap batteries if i want
also 250 for new body set seeing i dont care for the color it is now

PM me if your local id like to ask you some advise

will 23" x 14 rims fit and clear w/o problems doing a 6" lift ??
Old 11-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #17
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Congrads, you wont regret it. Thats a good price. As far as the new body goes, Ive got a hook up for new original Club Car body for that price. I would recommend getting original body because it wont chip and if it scratches, still remain the same color. Yes, 23 x 14 rims will fit and clear without problems. My buddy has 14' twisters w 23's and AArm lift kit and he is fine. But you can also go with Jakes as well. AArm will give you a better turning radius. They are both good lift kit. PM me with any questions and I will glad to help.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #18
Fishman7
Not Yet Wild

who makes the best a-arm kit made in the USA is a must

im putting together my shopping list
Old 11-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #19
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

purple motor is an upgraded CC motor which will give you added performance. You send Plum Quick company your original motor and they will take care of the rest for just $225. Stock Precedent CC with 2 speed code will run around 11mph, lift kit with bigger tires will get you to 15, speed code 4 will get you to almost 20 and Plum Quick "bandit" motor also know as purple should get you up to 26mph with a healthy battery pack. Check out their website.

www.plumquick.com
Old 11-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #20
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

I personally like Jakes cause its spindles are one piece forged vs Allsports welded. Jakes are stronger and more clearance. Some like the look of AArm others like Jakes. They are both great quality. Wouldn't say one is better then the other. If you go with Jakes front disc brakes in the future, you will need to make minor adaptions if you have Allsports lift. But will be perfectly ok. Your call! This topic "Jakes vs Allsports" will problably become a hot topic of discussion amongst the members after reading this post.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car