lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
mminette
Not Yet Wild

Default tire rub

After my boy ran my lifted '98 club car into a pole, the passenger tire hits the frame when making a right turn. i tried adjusting the tie rod. would like to keep repair costs to a minimum. any thoughts on what parts need replacing? thanks for any advice -mike
mminette is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: tire rub

I would first check the cross tie rod that runs from side to side and make sure its not bent ( should be straight ) then depending on what lift you have? Almost all lifts make connection at some point where steering gear assembly ( unit with bellows on each end )connects to spindle as this is weak point and easy to bend? If these points look straight it might be the upper control ( Delta Plate ) bent if lift is spindle type? Next thing and I hope not is the front of frame?
Good luck.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
mminette
Not Yet Wild

a little more info. when the driver's side is straight, the passenger side tire points out to the right
mminette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yep check what I posted before. Tie rod bends easily and could look good but very little bend throws it way off on right side. Put straight edge or 36" ruler against tie rod to confirm condition. Also check where steering assembly connects to right spindle as material and weld are very light and bend very easilly.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:33 AM   #5
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

If he hit on the left side then use the right side for measurements and vice versa.
Both sides should be Very close in measurement. and are mirror images of each other.

U should be able to remove parts and match to each other to see what deformed (needs
straightening, replacing)

PS: Pictures help if U have a Digital camera !!!
Good luck !

AND TO BGW
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car