lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
rshaul
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 precendent charger help

I am fairly new to the cart ownership world. I have a 2007 club car precedent. Recently the charger fell pretty hard on the shop floor. However, I assume the charger would take more abuse at a golf course. About the same time we had a really cold spell in texas. So now when I plug in the charger to the batteries the amp meter does not go up. It bounces on 0. The batteries are original so any ideas of if the batteries are shot or would it be my charger?
rshaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 precendent charger help

Its only a guess but you may have done some damage to the charger? Check the fuse under clear cover on the front ( 2 parts to fuse ) for being blown ( cracked, discolored or black ).
Does the charger hum while plugged in? If so the problem may be internal so go to the STICKIES above the Club Car Electric section for testing charger.
Do you feel that batterys may be discharged enough ( pack below 38 volts ) the OBC will not turn charger on ( no sound from charger when plugged in ).
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

what he said , pack below 38 volts ) the OBC will not turn charger on

Be sure pack Voltage is above 36 Volts, to insure it's not just low batteries, before you start repairing a charger which is not broken .
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
rshaul
Not Yet Wild

charger hums when i turn it on. The amp meter just bounces on zero. pack is above 38. i cannot find the fuse in the charger. i see what might have been a fuse and it looks like someone might have put something in there to jump it.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Three different charger models used on Precedents from 2004-2007 with 3 different locations for protection, All are located on face of chargers, Power Drive model 17930has fuseable link located below meter and above DC power cord, Power Drive 2 model 22110 has reset located lower right, Power Drive 3 has reset on upper right side. If your charger hums then this is not your problem.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #6
rshaul
Not Yet Wild

i have powerdrive 2. Pack voltage is 44.2 but the cart will barely go. i made it about half a mile and the cart would barely go. I was unable to get the rectifier to pass the test in the manual but honestly, I am not sure how close I was to testing it correctly. I am leaning towards new batteries but just do not want to throw down the money if they are not needed yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by rshaul; 02-13-2011 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: more info
Old 02-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #7
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Old Batteries will not keep the charger from coming on and at least trying to charge them.

Try OBC reset
Old 02-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #8
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

week batteries over 36 Volts, will not keep the charger from coming on unless it has exceeded 16 hour charge time and the OBC remembers this.
try resetting the OBC.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...er-system.html

You can also try OBC bypass if the reset does not work.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OBCBypassInstructions.pdf (551.9 KB, 11 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car