lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2011, 04:49 PM   #11
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: finally time for batteries 12V

Remember to check water levels, use distilled only then charge before use.

Batteries will not be at their full potential until they are charged 25-50 times !
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #12
jonitza
Not Yet Wild

Anyone know the best place to get crown batteries. I need 4 12v
jonitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #13
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

where U located ?
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #14
greenmonster
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by encbuggy View Post
i called around and got them for 140 each, you can probably do better if you really search but i went ahead and got them today.

i have been cleaning out my battery tub this afternoon and will be installing them tomorrow (along with battery meter)

i think later this spring i will stop by PQ and get a little motor upgrade and then some tires/wheels and i will be done.

nah not really once you get started you are never done
True- so true. Is there a cartaholic's anonymous?
greenmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #15
encbuggy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmonster View Post
True- so true. Is there a cartaholic's anonymous?
it's not here that's for sure
encbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:20 AM   #16
shortspark
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Stay away from US Battery. I have a 2005 CC Precedent and replaced my Trojans with 4 US Battery in January 2010. I brought the cart in to the dealer for testing because I would not be able to go 18 holes before the amber warning light came on. I would always make it home however so they never died on me. They are shot already according to the dealer. His test indicated they are at the borderline measurement when it is recommended to replace them - and this after exactly one year of use. I have owned golf carts for nearly 20 years so I know how to care for batteries and they were never abused and broken in properly. Basically, they were charged after every round of golf and only distilled water was used to fill. Now I am waiting to see what US Battery will do about it but based on this experience I can say the quality control might not be as good as Trojans.
shortspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #17
encbuggy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortspark View Post
Stay away from US Battery. I have a 2005 CC Precedent and replaced my Trojans with 4 US Battery in January 2010. I brought the cart in to the dealer for testing because I would not be able to go 18 holes before the amber warning light came on. I would always make it home however so they never died on me. They are shot already according to the dealer. His test indicated they are at the borderline measurement when it is recommended to replace them - and this after exactly one year of use. I have owned golf carts for nearly 20 years so I know how to care for batteries and they were never abused and broken in properly. Basically, they were charged after every round of golf and only distilled water was used to fill. Now I am waiting to see what US Battery will do about it but based on this experience I can say the quality control might not be as good as Trojans.
that sucks sorry to hear. it is a hassle getting and installing them much less having to replace them after a year.

i just got back from the initial ride on my new trojans in 50 degree weather. so far so good. i got to an avg speed of 18mph which i am happy with (for now). also rode for a good 45 minutes and no YELLOW light.

also put in a cheap needle battery gauge and disconnected the reverse buzzer - cart back to functional it has been a good day.
encbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #18
down under
Just Don't Touch.

Club Car

Quote:
Shortspark, I think your just dead unlucky,most of us out here use US batteries,I play 3 rounds a week charged after each game.It seems to be going faster after each round. NO IMO they are a great battery.
down under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #19
shortspark
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by down under View Post
Shortspark, I think your just dead unlucky,most of us out here use US batteries,I play 3 rounds a week charged after each game.It seems to be going faster after each round. NO IMO they are a great battery.
Yea, you could be right about the unlucky part. I live on a golf course and play three times, maybe four times a week too and have been for nearly 20 years. I have always owned my cart and never really had problems before.

Around December 2009 I noticed my four year old Trojans were acting up and they replaced them along with an on board computer in January 2010. They said they could do it all under warranty as the cart was just at the four year mark, a few days beyond but it was honored anyway. The Trojans lasted four years so that is okay I guess although I wanted five years out of them. The dealer replaced them with US Battery, telling me that CC no longer was using Trojan and that US Battery was as good if not better. Well, you can't prove it by me that is for sure.

I have to think I either got a bad batch of batteries or the on board computer they put in is fouled up and ruining the batteries. I have no way of knowing. I told the dealer today to call US Battery and see if they will honor the one year warranty since it is only a month out of warranty and they must have given me bad ones. One battery I could see but four going out tells me something is not right with their quality control - or it is my charger or OBC, I don't think there is a way to find out. I wonder if there is any check I can tell the dealer to do that might isolate the problem. I mean if something is hurting the batteries I need to know before buying new ones.
shortspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #20
down under
Just Don't Touch.

Club Car

Quote:
Yea, you could be right about the unlucky part. I live on a golf course and play three times, maybe four times a week too and have been for nearly 20 years. I have always owned my cart and never really had problems before.

Around December 2009 I noticed my four year old Trojans were acting up and they replaced them along with an on board computer in January 2010. They said they could do it all under warranty as the cart was just at the four year mark, a few days beyond but it was honored anyway. The Trojans lasted four years so that is okay I guess although I wanted five years out of them. The dealer replaced them with US Battery, telling me that CC no longer was using Trojan and that US Battery was as good if not better. Well, you can't prove it by me that is for sure.

I have to think I either got a bad batch of batteries or the on board computer they put in is fouled up and ruining the batteries. I have no way of knowing. I told the dealer today to call US Battery and see if they will honor the one year warranty since it is only a month out of warranty and they must have given me bad ones. One battery I could see but four going out tells me something is not right with their quality control - or it is my charger or OBC, I don't think there is a way to find out. I wonder if there is any check I can tell the dealer to do that might isolate the problem. I mean if something is hurting the batteries I need to know before buying new ones.
Mate I am only new at this BGW.Two guys that have really been a help to me are OLD MEC and GLeemo,pm either one and they will give you the good mail.
down under is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car