lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
GIMME THE KEYS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default precedent rear end vibrating

My club car rides kinda ruff has jakes 6" lift . I can jack it up and accelerate it and it makes me think wheels are out of balance , Could my axel be bent or do i need to balance my wheels or can they be balanced im running bout 25 mph. Any ideas thoughts ?
GIMME THE KEYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: precedent rear end vibrating

My wife rearend shacks a little bit when I run her hard. Might be tires out of balance. Take and have them checked
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:47 AM   #3
Reveye
Getting Wild

Club Car

Mine does the same thing. I had my son drive it by me fast several times so I could see if there was a rear wheel hopping. Wheels "look" ok. I'm wondering if it is just the added tension of the heavy duty rear springs??

Rev
Reveye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did the shake start after the lift was installed or after installation of different wheels or tires, and yes even hub caps? All could have different solutions. Often adding lifts to any cart causes the brakes to be partially applied because the brake cables are too short ( extension kits available from sponsors ). After market wheels can be bent, out of round, or twisted enough to create shaking. Jack up one wheel at a time and turn by hand with some thing solid along side and near wheel edge for run out. Again using some thing solid close to side wall and tread to see how much run out there is. If tires are new they may smooth out after being heated up and allowed to cool down? Often cart left sitting in our heat will have flat spots where tires rest all summer, so many owners jack up and support under axles so tread wont bounce when first used. On tires tread design also comes into play as most lug treads cause bounce.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

bump
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car